Amazon Prime Day 2021 Is Coming – Find Out When It Is And What You Need To Be Doing
Kris Gramlich and Dustin Kane discuss some of the things they would be doing right now for their products before Amazon Prime Day 2021!
When Is Amazon Prime Day 2021? – Listen to this podcast
Did you miss our Amazon Prime Day 2021 Webinar?
Learn how Sellozo can help you get ready for Amazon Prime Day 2021
Sellozo – Amazon Prime Day 2021
Listen To – Two Amazon Sellers And A Microphone Podcast On These Platforms:
Find Us On Social Media:
➜ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sellozo
➜ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sellozoofficial
➜ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sellozo
➜ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sellozooffi
➜ Twitter: https://twitter.com/sellozoofficial
➜ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Sellozo
Other Helpful Articles:
Read The Full Text Below:
When Is Amazon Prime Day 2021? | What You Need To Be Doing Right Now
– Hello, everyone and welcome to episode 103 of Two Amazon Sellers and a Microphone brought to you by Sellozo. Today, the announcement we’ve been waiting for, so Prime Day has been announced, Amazon with the last minute and announced Prime Day. It’s been announced for June 21st and 22nd. So now we gotta make sure we have everything prepared. We kind of knew, Kris. We thought it was going to be around this time.
– Yeah, we had an idea.
– We thought it was gonna be right around this time. So it’s good that now we know, so now we’ve got to get things prepared. All right. We’re gonna, we’re going to have to, yeah.
– This is awful.
– We’ve lost signal.
– Apparently there’s one person watching
– I know, well. Whoever’s watching, we’ll have to find out if we’re getting a signal. We’re having some, apparently, some internet connection issues. So we’ll have to, we’ll see here.
– Yeah. I don’t know what’s going on.
– Yeah, that’s the internet. It’s part of going live. This is what happens sometimes, right?
– It’s what we always talk about. It’s a nice day here, internet’s shitty. It’s a bad day, internet’s great.
– Yeah, it’s true. I mean, we’re ready to talk all about Prime Day, but it is, yep.
– Let’s go. So, lets do it. Prime Day prep.
– Yeah. Let’s keep going. We’ll power through this. All right, so it’s been announced, June 21st, June 22nd. We’re obviously in June. So we had an idea that these are the days that were coming up. So there’s a lot, if you haven’t been planning up until now there’s things that you’re going to not be able to do like get your inventory in on time, any of that. But there are a lot of things that you can do to prep. So let’s talk about some of those, Kris.
– Yeah. So they made it in June this year ’cause they figured everybody will be traveling in the month of July with the holiday, 4th of July, and things starting to open up again. So they made it in June this year. But yeah you should already have your inventory figured out. If you don’t have your inventory in stock, you’re going to have to do seller fulfilled, merchant fulfilled. Then you’re gonna have to be the one shipping it, but your stock should already be there. But things you want to do now like start split testing your images, like figure out your images, start using a service like PickFu. You can go to PickFu, use a discount code, Sellozo, will give you 50% off. Also do split tests on your main image because obviously that’s going to be super important for your conversion rate. Also, you want to make sure that you got the right keywords in your titles, you know, in the bullets all the stuff that you normally have. I wouldn’t go and change all that at once. I would like maybe test my title out for a week and then change my bullets. I would just, you know, go slow with that. But on my main image, I would definitely get my main image figured out. And then on your advertising, you should already have advertising running. Something you could do is as we get closer to Prime Day, maybe dial back your budget a little bit like a week before like dial back your budget a little bit. Because those days of, the 21st and the 22nd, you’re going to want to increase your budget like a 100% or more. ‘Cause you’re gonna want to make sure your ads are still running ’cause you’re going to run out of budget pretty quick ’cause there’s going to be so much traffic. So maybe a week or two before Prime Day dial back the budget a little bit, conserve a little bit of that budget. And then towards Prime Day, now increase your bids, increase your budgets, make sure you have all the right keywords you’re going after. And then you should be set. And then after Prime Day, go back to normal, revert back to normal because traffic is going to really slow down after that. Everybody bought everything. So it’s going to reverse. So make your budgets back down, lower your bids back down, make everything back to normal. And don’t freak out about A cost like that. These days, these A cost days, like these Prime Days, A cost is gonna fluctuate all over the place. So don’t freak out.
– Mmhm. Yeah, and so things that happen on Prime Day, it’s a totally different like buyer behavior. It’s a totally different shopping experience. For the most part of the year, people go to Amazon and they know what they want. They search for it. They find what’s in front of them. They buy. Sort of like one of those, it’s like, they’ve got their wallet out, ready to go. They know that they needed a jump rope today. So they’re just going to look for a jump rope and find it. Prime Day, there’s a lot of deal hunting. There’s a lot of new traffic to the site. There’s a lot of shopping around. So you get a different like a shopper experience or a window shopping experience. So a lot of times you’re going to get obviously there’s a lot more traffics, you’re gonna get a lot more clicks on your ads. If you’re trying to get in front of those clicks, by raising your bids, you’re going to have higher cost per clicks. A cost is going to be higher for sure on Prime Day. Conversion rate might be lower than it normally is ’cause of all the excess traffic and window shopping. So you gotta be prepared for that. And you’ve got to decide ahead of time what your goal is. You know, if you’re in the middle of a launch phase or if you’re in the middle of trying to liquidate inventory or something like that, this is a good time to be aggressive with advertising and making sure everything’s, you know, coupons or anything where you can get in front of these traffic. Obviously it’s too late now to set up lightning deals or Prime Day deals if you haven’t done that already. But if you have, you’re going to take advantage of that. I think things to watch out for are there’s a lot of mistakes you can make. I mean, across the board, bumping up your advertising that gets talked about a lot but I mean that could just really impact your ad spend and your A cost would be a lot higher and not get that many more sales if your product is not what people are going after right now, I think another thing that’s important to look at is if you compare last year’s Prime Day, what happened in last year’s Prime Day, to this year’s you might get misleading information because last year they move Prime Day to basically the beginning of the holiday shopping season. So if you were selling toys or something, or a gift, a Kristmas gift type item you could have been through the roof last year on Prime Day. And you may not have a big mover this year because it’s in the middle of the summer. So I think there’s some things to watch out for. Don’t go across the board and just say, I’m going to, you know, increase my bids across, you know, on everything. ‘Cause you could end up getting a lot of spend.
– Yeah, I think that’s a good point ’cause it’s your category and you might’ve mentioned that earlier, but it’s all about the category. Like if your category is popular, like electronics, toys, home and garden, sporting goods, like those are gonna be pretty more popular categories. But if you’re like an arts and crafts or automotive or medical devices, yeah, you just may want to sit back and take this one out and let them go ahead and sell. You’re gonna get a pick me up in sales, but it’s not going to be drastic like the other ones, the other categories are going to be.
– Absolutely. Yeah. And like we mentioned before if you’ve already set up your lightning deals, Prime Day deals, there’s no way to set those up anymore. Those were a long time ago to get those. Those obviously have big boosts. That’s a lot of the reason why they have this boost in shopping on Prime Day is people are looking for deals. So if you’ve got in front of them with that, that’s good. But a lot of times, you know, the ad campaigns on Prime Day historically don’t perform as well as the rest of the year. I mean, there’s so many more window shoppers on. So you really have to decide ahead of time. Are you trying to get in front of those? Are you willing to spend more money to have higher cost per clicks to get up touch a bump in sales? But if you’re about to run out of inventory, you might want to dial everything way back. You know, why would you lower your margins and get some more sales right now and then run out of inventory when you could just leave your price steady, get your organic sales until you run out at better margins. So I think, your Prime Day strategies have to be really tailor-made for where you are with each product, whether you’re trying to liquidate, whether you’re trying to ramp it up or, you know, whether you’re, you know, wherever you are with that product, you have to really, sort of, have a good assessment of what you want because it is different. It gets wonky on Prime Day. You could get a whole lot of clicks, not a lot of sales, vice versa. I mean, it’s just, it’s all over the place. So Kris is cutting in and out a little bit again.
– Getting better.
– You’re getting better. It’s okay. It’s just, it’s all right. Maybe everyone’s online talking about the Prime Day dates now.
– So we do have something cool, though. This was just short. We wanted to talk. We wanted to get on here and make sure everyone was aware of the Prime Day dates, what they were, but we are hosting a webinar where we have our head of support, Brock Gettemeier’s going to join us. It’s a Sellozo webinar. And we are going to be talking about sort of last minute Prime Day adjustments you can make to your campaigns. It’s going to be great. It’s going to be June 15th. It’s at 12:00 PM Central Time. You can go to Sellozo.com to register for that webinar. But they’ll be packed with information. If you’re a Sellozo current user, we’re going to talk about how you can make adjustments quickly inside your Sellozo accounts, or maybe raise bids on your high converting keywords right before Prime Day. So it’ll be really good, a lot of information on that, but it’s official June 21st, 22nd is Prime Day. We’re excited for it. And we’ll be back at this again tomorrow. We’ve got lots of great guests lined up for the podcast coming up in the future. So we hope everyone stays tuned for that. And we’ll be back at this again tomorrow. Thanks everybody.