Dustin and Kris discuss what Sellozo is and how it helps sellers like you understand your business and automate your Amazon PPC ads.
See more of Dustin and Kris on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCImqJsK7Ru_hC2ZLnBC_f_Q
Hear more from the Two Amazon Sellers and a Microphone podcast here: https://anchor.fm/2amzsellersandamicrophone
– Hello everyone. And welcome to episode 14 of Two Amazon Sellers and a Microphone. I’m Dustin Kane and with me as always is Kris Grahamlich. How are you Kris?
– Good Dustin. How’s things going with you?
– Doing well, it is another red Friday here in Kansas City. So I’ve got all my chiefs gear on, gearing up for the game on Sunday. It’s gonna be fantastic but I’m excited about this topic. We’re going to dive into Sellozo, talk about what it is, what it does. Both you and I work at Sellozo or both account executives at Sellozo. So we demo the software. We use it personally for our businesses and we talk to Amazon Sellers every day about the benefits of automating and optimizing your PPC on Amazon. So I think this would be a really informative topic for us just to go through. It’s an overview of Sellozo. What it does, how it does it, how it can help and how we can even give you a discount on your first month. So let’s dive in. Let’s do this. So Kris you just want to just in terms of background on Sellozo. Let’s tell everybody I mean, I’ve now been with Sellozo for over a year, had my one year anniversary this month. So I’ve been with them for a year. You’ve been with them a longer, little longer. Kris helped a little bit that kind-
– Yeah, so I’ve been with them a little bit over a year and a half now with this company, it’s been great. Found him through a local meetup and it’s been fun. It’s been a lot of fun. It’s taken a lot of time or a lot of tasks off my hands. So what’s Sellozo, what we are is we focus on automating your Amazon PPC on a daily basis, all based around a target ACoS that you set for each campaign. And the whole goal is to get you that target ACoS but also to generate you some more sales. So you could see the keyword bids you could see all the data inside. It’s a really good team. We got a lot of good stuff that we’re getting ready to roll out and I couldn’t be happier. I love working here. It’s been fun. I learned a lot. I can tell you before I worked at Sellozo I didn’t really understand PPC that much but now working with Sellozo and the team over there and the team that we have. I’ve learned a lot more about PPC than I did in the past. That’s really helped my business. And not only that, when we talk to sellers, we can also help them understand PPC better because of what we’ve learned with the team. So yeah it’s good. It’s a PPC tool but there’s also a lot more into it.
– Yeah I think a good way to get this topic started is to sort of describe the pain point that Sellozo cures. We can talk about early in our businesses. When we launched our businesses on Amazon, we dove into PPC. And a lot of times when you turn on campaigns in Amazon, you think Amazon is doing something to make those campaigns perform better for you and they’re not. And there’s different types of campaigns that you can run. And so there’s no optimization going on. So a lot of times you will launch campaigns and you will see a less than satisfactory results. And that will force you to either stop advertising or spend less money on it. And you won’t get that Amazon flywheel effect that you’re looking for where you’re starting to rank organically, et cetera. So that’s where optimization comes in and the way you can do it manually and the way that you and I have done it before involves just downloading tons of spreadsheets from Amazon. You you’d have to go into like if you’re running an auto camp, automatic targeting campaign, you’ve gotta download the search term report, plow through it, make sure you’re finding all the keywords that have been successful. Make sure you’re finding all the keywords that are costing you a lot of money and not converting to sales, making those negatives, moving keywords to manual campaigns and then adjusting bids. And you have to decide, hey how am I gonna determine whether I adjust my bid up or down based on what metric? And so there can be hours and hours of work to do this right. You and I had done it. It’s makes my brain explode. It’s my least favorite thing. I’m much more enjoy high-level conversations about strategy and then not having to do all the mundane details of that to implement the strategy. And so Sellozo comes to solve that pain point for Amazon sellers when you agree.
– Yeah for sure. And here’s a kind of a quick screenshot of what we do, kind of what it looks like inside. It is a different mindset, like creating listings and doing imaging is more of a creative mind, like getting in your creative mindset. With PPC it’s all analytics, all data. So you’ve got to kind of change that mindset. And this tool has taken a lot of time off my hands. I don’t have to worry about doing this anymore. Just like you mentioned every day Sellozo will go into my ad campaigns and it makes bid adjustments on all my keywords to get me more impressions, more clicks which hopefully generates more sales. It’ll make the negative keywords for you automatically. It will discover new keywords for you automatically. It can create new campaigns for you automatically and the bid adjustments to get automatically. So all that is being done and then I don’t have to worry about that. I can go find new product. I can make my listings better. I can, workout with my list all that, which is nice.
– Yeah, you’re exactly right. It is a game-changer for sure. And now for those of you that are on our live stream, we do have Sellozo pulled up for those of you that are listening on the podcast, we’ll describe this very detailed. So don’t worry about you can’t see our screen but along with the ad automation and optimization, Sellozo provides a lot of really detailed reporting on your account both just high-level overview of your account you’re on Seller Central or Vendor Central account, as well as at the product or skew level where you can break down and see that. We also have inventory projections. We have some really cool features we call alive order map which is an interactive map where you can view pinpoints, where all of your orders are coming from. This kind of data can be so helpful just in all your like if you’re doing any sort of geo-targeting on social media marketing then knowing where your orders are coming from can help you with that as well. So there’s a lot of other data that you’re getting and a lot of reporting that you’re getting besides just the ad automation.
– Yeah and something that really touch on is like there’s a lot of different theories out there. Like some people are all like PPC needs to be manual, you needed to do it manually. And some people like want automate it. You can do both inside here just because we focus on automating your ads. It doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re gonna start automating your ads from day one. You can actually choose which campaigns you want Sellozo to automate for you. And you can still do manual optimizations inside here, it’s actually easier and faster to do it inside Sellozo than it is doing it through Seller Central or bulk uploads. I’ve done both. And so I find it easier to do it inside Sellozo. It’s a lot faster. I can see the data, everything transforms over to your seller center or vendor central account. So if you make any change in Sellozo it’s gonna do it exactly in those other accounts that you have your seller accounts but we organize the data a lot better than Seller Central and Vendor Central. And so you can get a better clear picture on exactly where you’re spending your money. How profitable your products are and your spend is just easier to see inside this platform. So it’s been great for me. I love it. I’m able to like dig down and each keyword I can see the activity log for each keyword. I can make bid adjustments if I wanted to on each keyword but the tool handles all of that. And every day it does it. And so it’s nice to have something.
– Yeah you broke up a little bit. Yeah, you just broke up a little on Kris but still, I completely agree with you about myself personally for my business, I spend more time inside Sellozo than I do inside Seller Central. Just because everything’s cleaner. I can see it better. I can make adjustments like you’re talking about easier. So unless I’m launching a new product and uploading images or anything directly to Seller Central or doing something like a coupon or something of that nature. But if I’m just looking at my account, I wanna know where my profitability is or at the skew level how the financials look. I’m inside Sellozo cause it’s so much cleaner. Now there’s a couple of those who sign with the different sections inside Sellozo. There’s five main sections. There’s your dashboard which is gonna give you high-level account overview. There’s product view section which we’re gonna touch on next. That’s where we’re breaking all of the data down at the skew or ASIN upon ASIN level. Then you have your PPC manager section where you’re gonna be able to start optimizing your campaigns. You have an activity log which will show every single adjustment that our tool has made. And you can filter through that. And then you have financial reporting where we’re breaking out all the financials from Seller Central. So you’ll be able to see all the FBA fees all the different commissions, everything at the account level as well as the ability to upload your cost of goods sold and any inbound shipping costs. So everywhere on our platform, you’re able to see true profit margin throughout everything. So, ’cause really we’re able to pull everything except for cost of goods sold and inbound shipping. And the nice thing about Sellozo is none of this information gets sent back to Amazon. It gets stored on Sellozo. So a lot of people are worried some about giving Amazon information like the cost of their goods as if they’re gonna use it against them. All that data is protected on Sellozo so you’re able to see the reporting fully. So Kris let’s touch on what the power of the product view section is inside Sellozo and how that can help you as a seller.
– Yeah this is probably one of my favorite sections because what it does is it takes all your products and it dissects that product and gives you all the information for that product. Everything from your revenues to your costs to the ad performance for that product, for your inventory to the margin, to the buy box, to the best seller rank. I mean there’s a lot of stuff in here and it’s only gonna get better. So some of the things that I like is the revenues. You’re gonna be able to see all the fees that are gonna be in there. You’re gonna be able to see where you’re spending your ad spend on. You’re gonna be able to see promotions. You’re gonna be able to see how many days of inventory you have left. You’re gonna see how your sales velocity is. You’re gonna see your rank in that category. And then what we tell you at the true profit and margin level is how much you make per unit and what’s your margin is on that. After all that stuff is taken into account you’re gonna be able to know what your profit margin is what your total ACoS is, what your PPC ACoS is. And what’s your per unit, what your take-home is after all those fees. So this is a good section ’cause it breaks down each individual product and shows you all those charges and revenues and spend an inventory for each individual skew. So I like the section a lot ’cause there is of data right here.
– Oh yeah. Now let’s touch on the importance of the total ACoS versus the PPC ACoS. I feel like this is one of the most important metrics when you’re advertising to understand this because the total ACoS does not get reported inside Seller Central, inside your Campaign Manager, you have to calculate it. And essentially that the ACoS that you see in your Campaign Manager is what’s called the PPC ACoS. So it is your ads spend divided by the revenue directly generated from the clicks on your ads. So it’s not all of your product sales, your total ACoS is the ads spend divided by your total revenue whether it’s paid or organic for that product. That’s really important because you can get scared off by a high PPC ACoS when in fact your campaigns are running great you could have a really low total ACoS and that’s sustainable for a long time. And so being able to get a quick snapshot of that inside product view can really help you in your strategy when you’re trying to set target ACoS. We’ll talk about that in a little bit ’cause it’ll allow you to determine whether you can be more aggressive or not knowing that number. So huge, huge calculation that you can get right inside of our product view section. Good job.
– I like that. All right, let’s go over to PPC manager. That’s the next section we have in here. This is where we input all your campaigns but Dustin why don’t you touch a little bit on what PPC manager does, how it works, why people should use it, and just how to get started with it?
– Absolutely, so all your campaigns will import into the PPC manager section, and then you have the option to turn our optimizer on for that campaign. So Sellozo is not gonna start touching any of your campaigns you don’t want it to, you can tell it to. So when you turn the optimizer on, you’re gonna have to import, you’re gonna have to tell our tool what your target ACoS is. So that’s basically the only strategy that you have to set is what the target ACoS is. We could talk for hours and hours about what that should be committed depending on what life, what phase of the product, like say life cycle you’re in, if you’re in a launch phase or if you’re coming in but if you’re coming on and you’ve currently got a campaign that’s running at like 30% ACoS and you wanna try and get that down to 20 that’s a reasonable adjustment. So you can set that target ACoS at 20% and our tool will be in automating the bid adjustments. So that’s one way in which our tool optimizes your campaigns is by adjusting the bids to that target ACoS that you set. The second way we fully automate the optimization process is by grouping campaigns together. So you can create and link campaigns together and campaign groups. This is shown inside our campaigns studio. And what this allows you to do is this allows you to automate the entire optimization process. So you could set up an automatic targeting campaign and you could connect that to a manual targeting campaign. And so then you could have a link rule that any time a search term converts out of the auto campaign, our tool will create a broad phrase or exact match in the destination campaign based on what you set. And so what happens there is now you’re telling Sellozo how to automate the keyword transfer. So like I said, if something converts in the auto, our tool will make it an exact match in the destination campaign and then negative exact match that out of the auto campaign. So now you’ve found a successful keyword. You’ve taken it out of the auto and it’s now being in the manual where the bids can be adjusted daily. So all of that is what our tool will automate for you with, also our tool will conservatively negate search terms out of automatic campaigns that are not converting or not predicted to convert at your target ACoS. So essentially the entire process of optimization can be set up inside that campaign studio. Unbelievably powerful. You have the ability to build much more complex campaign structures. For example, you could do an auto to abroad, to a phrase, to an exact match pattern where you’re gonna do more keyword testing. So there’s lots of options we’ve got tons of templates set up that tried and true templates that you can utilize. And then that’s the optimization part. Now Kris you can talk on just once you’re in PPC manager, the ability to drill down and to all the different sections, see what our tools doing, and then maybe be able to override our tool in certain cases, why don’t you touch on that.
– Yeah, for sure. So inside Sellozo, you have the ability to override some of the bid adjustments or put minimum and maximum inputs in for each keyword or even each campaign. So if you didn’t want the keyword to go below a $2 bid, you can do that inside the tool especially on some of the keywords that you know that you wanna be competitive for. If you wanna always stay high on that bid, you can put a minimum bid in there but just by simply editing the keyword and you can add your minimum or your maximum bid that you don’t want the tool to go higher then and Sellozo will stay within those parameters. So I’ve done this with my products is I know that a $2 bid is gonna keep me on page one and I don’t want the tool to go less than $2. So I will make a minimum bid of $2 and then the max bid I’ll leave empty ’cause I want Sellozo to figure out what the max bid needs to be for each of those keywords.
– Yeah that’s a great point, Kris. You’re cut out again a little bit. So I’m gonna, yeah you are chopping up a little bit there. So I was telling you what a great point you were making though.
– Well, I know we’re having a little bit of difficulties but you get guys out there listening. If you ever wanna see a demo of this or you ever wanna just test it out. This is where Dustin and I come into play. And this is where we help sellers daily kind of go through the tool and answer any questions they have about what is really going on here. ‘Cause, there’s a lot of data inside and it can kind of get overwhelming. But as soon as you understand what’s really happening and see what we’re doing and it’s clear as day. So it’s very easy to understand once you kind of get a grasp of what the software is actually doing.
– Absolutely. Why don’t we go now and just talk about the activity log real quick? This is a main section in our inside Sellozo just allows you to sort through and filter and look at all the adjustments that the tool or you have done to your account. So you’ll be able to see every single bit adjustment. You’ll be able to see every negative keyword created et cetera and you can always filter through those to see them. That gives you, that’s your ability to see what our tool has done for you.
– Yeah just to kind of give some people listening an overview on what we’re looking at here. Over the last seven days, Sellozo has made over 7,000 bid adjustments, doing that manually like you forever. It’s also found 350 new keywords and negated 22 and it created four new campaigns. Those are things that the tool is always doing every day and try to do this manually will take you hours. We give you all the data so you can see what we’re doing and see what the software is doing and see what the ad engines doing so that you can understand the bid adjustments. You can understand, the negative keywords are being created, a new keywords, a new campaigns, even day partying that’s a cool feature that we haven’t even touched on but that’s also another feature we have. So there’s just a lot of things that are happening and the activity log will show you all that.
– Yeah and this is why I like it because this fits my personality as a business owner is the ability to not have to really do much of this work or any of it but review it. I love reviewing. I love seeing what’s happened. And then if I need to make strategic decisions or strategic changes I can but that’s it. This is like having an employee send you a report, hey here’s what I’ve done. And you get to look over and it really, really is beneficial. And yeah we didn’t talk touch on day partying but for anybody out there who wants to know what day party is; dayparting is where you can set parameters when you want your ads to run during the day or on what days a week you want it to run. So it could be a really powerful tool which we will for sure do a full podcast just on day partying down the road ’cause there’s a lot that you can dig into. But yeah, it’s very easy in our user interface to set up dayparting parameters. Finally, let’s touch on the financial reporting section. This is, I mean, it we’re pulling everything in from your Seller Central account and we’re unpacking all the fees all the, everything we’re doing at the account level, we’re making doing a total of your cost of goods sold and your inbound shipping. So we’re able to show you a full financial report section. So it’s pulled up here. So I know those of you on the podcast just listening but you’re able to see change the date ranges and then see like your a month over month deltas on your sales costs, profit margin. You’re able to see a full breakdown of all the fees that have come out of your all the FBA fees broken out unpacked so it’s easier to understand. If you’re any VAT taxes or anything. If you’re saw international marketplaces you’ll see all of that as well plus the total of your inbound shipping and cost of goods sold. So you can see your account level, total profit, and margin.
– Yeah, this is good. This is a lot of people don’t even know these numbers. So when we show them this on demos this is a good section that like I didn’t even know this existed. So this is a good area to actually see what we’re doing.
– Yeah you’re cutting out a little bit again there Kris but we got the point.
– I’m gonna take this laptop and throw it out the window.
– It’s okay. It’s Friday stuff starts falling apart on Friday.
– Of course.
– But no worries, but this is a… Yeah, the financial reporting is it’s just you can see your whole account. You can see where there’s potentially problems or potentially where you’re getting overcharged for stuff or ways to decrease your fees somehow if they look out of whack. So this is just great to have this data right at your fingertips here. So yeah I mean so much inside Sellozo that we could each one of these sections we could talk about for hours, the power of them but just in general knowing that your ad campaigns are being managed properly and adjustments are being made every day can make a huge difference. If you’re out there and you’re a seller and you’re doing something like just running automatic campaigns right now and you’re not touching it, just turning on our optimizer, you’re gonna see almost immediate changes in the efficiency of your ad campaigns. I mean it’s just so powerful and what it’s doing and I highly recommend you do it. And like Kris mentioned before, you can go to sellozo.com right now and you can click on request a demo and you can book a time with either Kris or I. We talked to sellers all day long. We’ll spend 30 minutes talking to you, talking about anything about your Amazon account that you wanna talk about. We will demo the platform. And then if you do decide to sign up, you’re gonna get another call with Kris and I. We’re gonna get back on with you. And we’re going to go over your account with you and make sure that you know how to use the tool, we can help you set up your first couple of campaigns. So we want you to take advantage of that. And then we can also see if you are maybe a candidate to be a part of our fully managed program where you actually get a full-time account manager at Sellozo who will be doing all this work for you and you get these calls. They’re experts, you’ll have weekly calls with our experts and there’ll be managing your campaigns for you. So we would love to talk with you. We’d love to get on a call. We’d love to demo for you and just find out what we can do to help your business.
– Yeah and we mentioned this earlier like this FBA business can be kind of lonely sometimes and you need someone to talk to or have questions. I know it is, it was for me when we first started. So don’t hesitate if you have something you want to go over or you have a question about ads or whatever. So what Dustin and I do, we’re here to help. So Sellozo will escalate all this for you. You can automate your ads, you can see how we’re working and you can, everything is very.
– Yeah you’re cutting out a little bit again but we got it. It’s okay, it’s Friday no worries. But if anyway you guys get out there, go to sellozo.com, book a time with us. We’d love to show you this. It’s helped our business a time, we love working for Sellozo, we love talking to sellers. So please, please take us up on that offer. All right Kris we’ll be back at this again on Monday after celebrating for sure a chief victory on Sunday and we can’t wait to be talking to you guys again. That was fun Kris, have a good day.
– Yeah, we’ll see you man.
– All right.