Starting An Amazon FBA Business? A Brand New Project We Are Starting
Are you interested in starting an Amazon FBA Business but don’t know where to start?
Watch our new Live Amazon Series as Kris Gramlich and Dustin Kane document everything they are going to do from starting a new Amazon account, sourcing, listings, and so much more. This will help anyone who is reluctant to get started creating an Amazon FBA business.
Listen To – Two Amazon Sellers And A Microphone Podcast On These Platforms:
Find Us On Social Media:
➜ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sellozo
➜ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sellozoofficial
➜ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sellozo
➜ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sellozooffi
➜ Twitter: https://twitter.com/sellozoofficial
➜ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Sellozo
Read The Full Text Below:
Starting An Amazon FBA Business – A BIG Announcement From Us
– Hello everyone and welcome to episode 86 of ‘Two Amazon Sellers and a Microphone’ brought to you by Sellozo. Today, as always, I’m joined by, with Kris Gramlich. Kris, how you doing, man?
– Doing good. How’s things going with you?
– Very good. Spent all last night at a car dealership, getting a new car. So, that was quite the experience. But anyway… I’ve got a new ride. It’s not a Lamborghini or anything of that nature.
– It’s something that gets you from point A to point B.
– It’s something to get me from point A to point B. Exactly. Oh man, but yeah, whoa, that took forever. But, well, today this is gonna be very exciting for you and I, Kris, cause we get to, just sort of tell everyone a big announcement about a project that we’re gonna be launching. And I’m really, really excited about doing this project. It’s gonna be a ton of fun.
– Yeah, there’s something that we’ve been working on that we’re gonna kind of do here, in the coming months. So it’d be fun to kind of record all this, make it a YouTube series. Just kind of show everything out there. But first, let’s talk about what we just got back from Fiverr.
– Yeah. We’ll hit that big announcement here at the end but this is kinda gonna lead up to it a little bit. We did an episode a week ago, or so, where we talked about how we reached out to Fiverr and we ordered some gigs on some product research, just to see what would come back. The last gig that we ordered, we were not super,
– It was awful
– The gig brought back two products that were probably, I mean, two of the most in demand, competitive, saturated things. What was it? The poppet and then the…
– The spurtle.
– The spurtle. I mean, stay away from as seen on TV products, everybody. And anything that’s super hot right now. So, that was a little underwhelming but we had ordered another gig at the same time. And we’re gonna go through this live. We haven’t really looked at this. We’ve just downloaded the spreadsheets that we got back. So we’re gonna look through these live and see if these are good products to potentially launch. And then we kinda tie that into this big project we’re gonna talk about, or we’re gonna announce here, live on the show. So Kris, why don’t we… For those listening on the podcast we’re gonna pull these spreadsheets up, that we got back from the Fiverr gig. And then we’ll talk about these products. I don’t think they’ll have any problem listening to the podcast and understanding what we’re doing. If you’re watching us live, you’re gonna be able to see all this. Which, by the way, before we get started- You wanna watch us live? You wanna know when we go live? You need to subscribe to Sellozo’s YouTube channel. So go to YouTube, type in Sellozo, find us, subscribe to the channel. You’ll know when we go live. We also go live on Facebook. So go to Sellozo’s Facebook page. Like it, turn on notifications. You’ll be notified when we go live every time. And of course, those of you listening to the podcast make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast and leave us a review. Let us know what you think. Let us, leave a rating, let us know how we’re doing. And anybody who’s watching live right now you can always comment. We see the comments, whether you’re on YouTube or whether you’re on Facebook, we’ll see these comments live. If we want to tackle that question and we’ll tackle it live on the show or we’ll answer it after the fact. So you can see it there as well. All right, Kris, got that out of the way. Everyone get it, you should subscribe.
– All right so let’s take a look at product number one. These are all brand new to me. So I got to squint here and see and get a look at this. Hula hoop! The first thing that comes to my mind is, I’ve been seeing a lot of people selling weighted hula hoops. That seems to be a trend. And I’m wondering if that’s what we’re talking about here, is a weighted hula hoop.
– I think it is. And Dustin and I, about a month ago, I did a little quick coffee and I was like, ‘Hey, I’m doing some product research on Jungle Scout, and this weighted hula hoop keeps coming up.” And at the time it was, it wasn’t that bad. There was only a few models out there.
– It was actually something that caught my attention. I was like, “Oh, this might be something to look into.” I haven’t…
– And it was high search volume. High search volume
– Yeah. Yeah.
– Shocking. Oh man.
– I haven’t really looked into it that month, like I just saw the search volume and the number of reviews is really low. But the thing that is, like my caution immediately is… The number one, it’s gonna get saturated fast. It already is compared to a month ago, when we talked about it. And then number two, the signs – like this thing is not gonna be a small thing to ship. It’s gonna be something that’s… Its gonna be a bigger box. It’s gonna be maybe a oversize thing. So, it’s gonna be a little bit bigger as far as your FBA fees go.
– One thing that I’m noticing, and we’ll see how these next two products go, after we go through this one. But one thing I’m noticing on these Fiverr gigs, is it appears they’re bringing you back like super hot trendy products. Which is sort of the complete opposite of the way you and I would do product research. We would be looking for things that are not saturated, not trendy, like where everyone’s gonna jump on it but there’s good search volume and we’re able to compete. So, this is interesting, cause it… that’s my initial reaction to these Fiverr gigs we’ve had, is if anyone’s out there ordering these and you’re getting back trendy products, I would probably run away from these.. Cause it’s gonna be tough, but let’s take a look, let’s dig in a little bit more here. We’ve got, I mean, average prices are good, it’s where we would wanna be, in the 30s.
– Yeah, definitely high price.
– Review: 343. That can be so misleading I feel like, because there could be people with… I mean, I’m looking at the reviews on this one right here. I see one, two, three. I see three people over a thousand reviews. Do you see that as well, Kris?
– Yeah, yeah. So…
– And that’s…that’s tough to beat.
– I mean, the numbers look, like monthly sales, like net 14000, two, three, two, two, seven. Daily sales 500 for 80, 70, 90, 70. Like, that looks good. But I just, I don’t like the size, like that gets me gone. Some of these are fulfilled by a merchant too. Merchant. Merchant, merchant. Low review, but there’s like some of them have a lot, like 1000, 700, 1000. I just feel like this will give…it’s trendy now but it feels like it’s gonna be something that’s gonna get saturated fast.
– Yeah, I feel like you can have a strategy where you look through numbers, but it can get lost on, just the amount of people that are gonna pour into this. You wanna open up Amazon real quick and look at that, open up an Amazon tab and let’s actually look at what it looks like.
– Yeah. Pull it up here.
– Because if we type it in and we see, I mean the thing that I would want to look for is, do I see like, exactly what I’m seeing here? Where every one of them looks identical? You know what I mean? And so, we got some different colors it looks like, but they’re all looking the same. And there is a lot of sellers. And I just see, here’s the thing that scares me right away. I see one that’s $17. That’s got 850 reviews. I mean, if there’s people selling at that price, that 32 or whatever you’re looking at selling for, is gonna be gone really soon. I mean, 21 and this dove tails into what I was talking about before, last time, this is so competitive now, it gets… There’s a lot of sellers. So it’s a commoditized product and it looks like there’s a lot of people that have really good images, good titles, good review counts. So it’s gonna be hard to compete, in that regard. And the competition is all gonna come down to price and it’s gonna be a race to the bottom. And somebody’s always gonna have a low price, always gonna be liquidating. I just feel like this is a tough one.
– If you had an existing brand, like if you were already in the fitness…
– This could be like, then I would probably go ahead and do it. Like this would be a product I would do or I would’ve, it would already be on my radar, if I was is already in this niche. Like if I’m in this niche, I would already know this was coming.
– And I think the discussion we’re having, is coming from the perspective of somebody who’s trying to launch their first product. Woof, this is not what I would do.
– This would not be something I would do as my first product. Now, it’s just a lot of these products.
– Yeah, let’s take a look at number two.
– Number two, on the list. So I’ve looked at this before and I think we’ve talked lock pick and I don’t know the backstory on it but I feel like there is a risk here, as far as getting the listing taken down or it’s banned for some reason. Like, I’ve looked at ‘lock pick’ in the past. It does look good on paper, like there is a lot of demand for that. I just, I don’t know the backstory. Like, I feel like there’s reasons why there’s so many limited sellers and maybe cause it’s a gated section or you got to have some type of paperwork or something. I’m not familiar with that. So if somebody is, please let me know. I’d love, to let us know, we’d love to know that, but this would be, if I didn’t, if I was starting out I would probably source this, honestly because the review counts are so low, the price is high. And there’s a lot of, there’s a lot of sales going on, on this but then I have a feeling I would get burned somewhere. Cause I don’t know. I feel like I’d be shut down or something.
– So, is this what they are, right here? It’s like a lock pick.
– Yeah. So it’s like a clear lock and you get the… it just basically teaches you how to pick a lock.
– Oh, I see.
– So I feel like these are borderline banned and I’m not sure. Like, I don’t know. So that’s why I’m asking for help here. Cause I don’t know. Cause, you just see a lot of low reviews, really low reviews.
– Yeah. The review counts are low. I mean the products do look similar. Obviously, there’s a lot of… The pricing seems to be kind of all over the place but not too many low balls on here. I see one for 19 but it’s got a four star, the reviews are lower, so that could help. And… yeah, you could…
– There’s just something fishy here.
– Like yeah, you could get this… You could get into this category, I think, there’ll be less resistance getting in because of these review counts. They’re all pretty low, pricing seems to be okay. I’ve made, I’d probably want to try to add something to this or have a…just to differentiate a little bit. I’d have to do some investigation in this to see which way you could differentiate. That’s interesting though. Again, it’s popular. I mean….
– Okay. So let me just get a real quick analysis here. So we typed in ‘lock pick set’, right? I don’t see that anywhere in the title.
– I don’t see that anywhere in the bullet points and it’s not even in the right category. Door kick plates. Like those three things, that’s what’s something… when I mean is something fishy is going on. Like something, something’s happening here where if you add ‘lock pick set’ to your title, you’re probably get kicked out. Like this’ll probably get kicked out. So that’s why I feel like…
– Stainless steel multifunctional piece set. Like, all these products, they don’t have… That one says ‘lock’.
– But they don’t say anything about a ‘lock pick set’ in the title. So I feel like that’s what’s happening here.
– That’s interesting that they’re being indexed for that word even though none of them have this in there.
– Look at these titles. Super short, super short bullets. Man, this is what I’m talking about. I bet this is something where you just add the word ‘lock pick set’ as a search term in the back of the listing and keep it out of the title and keep it out of the bullet points and keep it out of the description. Yeah. The description says ‘good multi-tools’. That’s it.
– And that has tons of reviews. What was this product, where was this now..
– It says 144, let’s look at Helium10 all time. It launched back in March. Yeah. See these things sell so fast, so quick.
– Yeah. They seem out of stock obviously. And then he came back in and I mean he’s BSR is low
– I’m like 95% convinced that this would get kicked out. If you had like “lock pick set” on the title or something.
– Very interesting. But I mean, I could tell you, I could certainly a better job on that listing. And still not use the word ‘lock pick set’. That was pretty poor. And it was doing really well. That’s interesting.
– Yeah. I have a feeling, like there’s reasons that this isn’t saturated and somebody probably knows more about it than us but just like looking at it and digging in deeper, the title and a new seller wouldn’t notice that, they would just go with it.
– No, not with you and I, Kris. Spotting that, I mean that’s, this is the kind of things that we look for. It’s like, why are these titles wrong? And that’s… Good point. I bet you, you can’t use them in that title.
– Yeah. They’re all in different categories. Gosh, this is just crazy. Like I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night if I sourced this product, it takes, you know, Boom! You get your listing taken down because it’s a product they don’t support, or whatever, but…
– Yeah. And we don’t know that. That’s just what we’re guessing.
– Yeah, we’re guessing. We’re assuming, because there’s not that much competition. And these are people that probably got away or getting around it somehow, but still.
– Yeah. I don’t know how long this product’s been up but when you see it like this, you wonder if people are getting their listing banned and then they relaunch a new one and that’s why there’s so many low reviews,
– They’re all in different categories. Door kick plates, hardware, combination locks. That’s kind of the right category. That’s close.
– Improving of the keywords.
– You might not have a, like criminal training category.
– Yeah. There’s something here, and I just, I don’t want to play in it.
– Interesting. All right, let’s go to product number three. This is kind of fun. It’s just gets your, the reason these exercises are fun is because they get your brain, just thinking in terms of, you know, what’s out there, what can we sell? So far, those two, we’re not sold on them. Let’s see what the third one, that we got from our Fiverr gig is, silicone pipe. What a heck is silicone pipe? That is
– It looks like an accessory, for lack of a better term.
– Gosh. I just don’t want to play in these products. Here’s what we get back. So, silicone pipe, looks like it’s a smoking accessory.
– Oh my gosh. That is hilarious. I mean, it’s basically a bong.
– Or a fake, not a bong but like a… It’s a smoking…it’s… This is… How in the world? These are interesting, that we got these back. I’m not sure what kind of research they’re doing but there’s no way, this has gotta be a gated category or…
– Do you see these? Do you see these titles?
– Silicone straw, silicone tool. Silicone straw pipe. Okay, that one just got listed and no reviews. I would imagine that it’s gonna be taken down pretty soon but like some of these say ‘silicone straw for father or husband’ and it’s not a straw, it’s definitely a pipe.
– Yeah. It’s yeah. It’s a marijuana pipe. That’s a bowl.
– Aah, this is sweaty.
– So again, we’re striking out. This gig is not producing good results. None of these products would we jump into, for multiple reasons. It’s just… it’s basically drug paraphernalia, so.
– This is an ice cream silicone straw for your relatives or friends.
– Well, the pictures show something completely different.
– Yes. Oh my gosh. Okay. We don’t even need to talk about this one. You’re gonna get yourself in trouble selling these. I mean, this, I feel like these are ones they just keep throwing up. You got these companies, that just keep throwing these suckers up and their listing gets taken down. They throw up another one, take it down, throw up another one. Put it in a different category. Get creative with names. So I would say that is O for three on that gig. What do you think, Kris?
– Yeah, I like this gig better than the first one we did.
– As far as delivery.
– The delivery was good. The product – super questionable. I mean maybe the hula-hoop was the best out of all three of these.
– I mean, I wouldn’t even come to think of this. It’s still gonna be heavy. It’s still gonna be a price race. So, I mean this one was 20 some what dollars, I think it was $25. It’s better than what we paid for 40, so.
– Yeah. Well, it was just an interesting exercise for us because we wanted to see sort of what is out there. What, you know, people are doing for product research because this dovetails into our big announcement of what we’re doing. So, Kris and I, the big announcement is, is we are going to start a live-series, where we start from scratch, open up a brand new Amazon account. We’re gonna source. We’re gonna do all of our product research. We’re gonna find products to launch and sell. We’re gonna source them. We’re gonna list them. We’re gonna bring in all of our friends that we’ve met through this journey that are gonna help us every step of the way with listings and sourcing and everything else that is… We’re gonna launch all the advertising campaigns through Sellozo for this. All live, all transparent. I’m super excited about this, Kris, for so many reasons but that’s our big project. So we’re literally starting this, this week, and we’ll be keeping you guys posted on this. Cause it’s gonna be hopefully, a really informative YouTube series for anybody out there who’s looking to start their Amazon business. You can watch us, you can follow along. You can see what we’re doing and we don’t know where it’s gonna go. It may, we may find a great product. We may find a product that doesn’t work, either way it’s gonna be great. And we’re just gonna keep doing this and keep launching products. So, I’m super pumped about doing this, Kris.
– Yeah. It’s gonna be a good little series we’re gonna do. We’re gonna be recorded over a three to six month period or whatever. So, it’s gonna be fun. It’ll just help us get back into the swing of things. Like, I don’t know. I’ve heard you got to interview now, like when you open up an Amazon account, like there’s an interview process. Like that’s gonna be fun to kind of go through. So, it’s gonna be completely different for us.
– Yeah. You and I have not opened up a seller central account, since 2014 when we started. So, we really, I mean we know what to do once we have everything open. But this is gonna be, like you said, a fun experiment. It’ll be fun for anybody to watch. You’ll see just sort of, hopefully it’ll help you fast track your project that you’re doing. We’re gonna… Number one, starting this week, we’re gonna open up that Amazon account, jump through whatever hoops we need to do to get that rolling. We’ll document all of that. And then we’re gonna immediately start product research, which is why we ordered those gigs. And we’re looking through that. Those will not be any of the products that we are gonna do but we will have these discussions. So, you can watch just sort of the way that Kris and I evaluate products, look for products, find them, find suppliers. I think all of that will be, it’s gonna be a lot of fun. It’s my favorite part. I love finding new products to sell. So hopefully this will be really cool. That, that’s the big announcement. I’m super pumped. We’re gonna start, start right this week. It’s gonna be a blast.
– Yeah, it’s going to be something that we’re just gonna keep documenting. So, it’s gonna be good.
– Now, we do, we haven’t named this series yet. So if anybody out there has a good name that we could name this project that we’re gonna launch, let us know, put it in the comments, you know, let us know what would be a good name. We’re brainstorming that right now. We’re gonna come up with something that we think is great but we’d love your input on it. And also, we of course want you to watch this series. So, if you want to be notified about it, you got to subscribe to our YouTube channel and you’ve got to subscribe to our Facebook page, so that you’re notified when all this stuff goes out. But that’s the big announcement, super excited. I know, right after this, Kris, today we’ll be talking a little bit more about setting up the account. I’m actually really fascinated about what it’s like setting up an account right now.
– I know.
– There’s all kinds of different stuff, so. We’ll be diving into it and I hope it’s really good for everybody.
– All right. That is the show for today. We will be back at this again tomorrow. Thanks again everybody, for tuning in. Like and subscribe to everything, subscribe to the podcast, like we talked about and we will see you tomorrow. Have a great day.