Small and light is a program ran by Amazon that allows people with products that are small and light to store their items in FBA with reduced costs on qualified items.
The small and light program offers these benefits:
- Prime eligible
- Improved margins
- No minimum purchase requirement
- Instant customer trust
To be eligible for the Small and Light program there are a couple of requirements:
- Products have to weigh 15 ounces or less
- Products with these dimensions:
- 16 x 9 x 4 inches or less
- Products priced $15 or less
- Products that meet other prep requirements
(Box shown is 16 x 9 x 3, similar to the requirement)
It only takes 5 steps to enroll in the Small and Light program, follow below:
- List products with FBA
- Select items
- Enroll in small and light
- Ship to Amazon
- Stay stocked
Here are the FBA small and light fees:
(Eligibility, enrollment and benefits information is pulled directly from services.amazon.com)
Product Ideas for the Small & Light program
Below is a list of products ideas for Small and Light items. These are just a few examples, but remember they have to fit the criteria mentioned above.
Kitchen & Dining:
Clothing & Accessories:
There are many other items that can fit the small and light category, but these are just a few that I found while also looking at Amazon’s best seller section.
A few things to keep in mind when signing up for Amazon small and light:
- You have to send a minimum of 24 units per ASIN in each shipment
- You have to follow the regular FBA requirements
- No restricted items
- Adult products
- Dangerous goods
- Temperature sensitive products, etc.
- Small and light uses its own prep-and-packaging requirements
- If you receive a error message while signing up you are either missing information or the item isn’t eligible for the program
- The shipping box cannot exceed 25 inches on any side and does not weigh more than 50lb
For other unique program requirements, find it here. I hope you enjoyed this blog post and you understand what Small & Light is. Don’t forget even if you are signed up for Amazon FBA you can switch it over to the small and light program if your items fit this category.
If you need help with your PPC campaigns, take a look at our Amazon advertising software.
More Helpful Articles: