Kris and Dustin are joined with Ryan Cramer from Ping Pong. Ryan will cover his background in the Amazon space, what his role is at Ping Pong, and how Ping Pong helps Amazon sellers with cross-border payments. Ping Pong is a great solution for those sending money to suppliers, paying VAT, and more!
Learn more about Ping Pong: https://pingpong.go2cloud.org/SHa
See more of Dustin and Kris on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCImqJsK7Ru_hC2ZLnBC_f_Q
Hear more from the Two Amazon Sellers and a Microphone podcast here: https://anchor.fm/2amzsellersandamicrophone
– Hello everyone and welcome to episode 21 of two Amazon sellers and a microphone. Today, Chris and I have a very special guest on with us. Cramer from Pingpong payments. Ryan, how are you doing?
– What’s up everyone? I’m doing all right. It’s a nice day. It’s like 80 degrees here in Indiana. Not many people out there I’m assuming are from Indiana that are listening to this. So I’m gonna tell you what it’s like here.
– We’re right down the road from you. We’re in Kansas City and it is 80 degrees here as well today and yesterday was like 40 and tomorrow is supposed to be 40.
– And we’re supposed to get snow on Monday, like three inches.
– The Midwest is pretty terrible in that capacity. Like all my colleagues in California, they’re pretty like, Oh my gosh it’s 75 degrees all year round. I’m like, that must suck for you. Let me know when it snows or whatever.
– It’s about to be a frozen Tundra here in no time.
– So that’s funny. Well, we’re glad to have you on Ryan. Thanks for taking the time out to do this.
– For sure.
– This should be a lot of fun. So Ryan you’re with Pingpong payments. Just to get started, why don’t you tell us about yourself? Tell us how’d you get into the Amazon space? How’d you get in with Pingpong, et cetera?
– Yeah, for sure. So my background is super unique. I first and foremost tell people and tell them I am not an Amazon seller. So I just get that out of the way really quickly. Not a bad thing, but I have a super unique background that I like to share with people. So out of college, I used to work for a newspaper company in Evansville Indiana, which is where I went to school. I did digital marketing. Like new business sales basically like a door to door, like picking a business card. This was gosh, back in 2012. Going door to door, collecting business solutions, or business cards and telling people, Hey, like we can do digital banners. We can put you on monster.com, like your hiring process. Like my gosh it sounds ridiculous even talking about that. SCM solutions, SEO solutions. And that was kinda the first like integration into the digital world. I did that for about like two years or so. And then was laid off newspaper company. The subscriptions, just like any company would. So I was laid off from my first job out of college. So was for everyone. Had no idea what I was gonna do. I was engaged at the time. My fiance at that time was actually in Connecticut doing her practicum and internship to graduate college and get her degree in music therapy. So we were like, what do we do? We’re getting married in five months. She was just finishing up. That was like right around Christmas time of 2014. And so she was lucky enough. She had been applying to jobs and got like a job instantaneously in Virginia. Which I was like, all right. it looks like we’re gonna be moving to Virginia. Didn’t have a job. So we were young about to get married. So we decided to start there. I actually landed at a company, they’re called Evergreen Enterprises. Which them as an umbrella company own like plow and hearth and a bunch of brands that are home gift garden items. So they manufacture their goods over in China. And then they distribute them here in the United States to like home gift garden retail stores in Canada, Europe, United States. Garden flags are the big ones. So if you go to like ACE hardware or these little shops, you see like a garden gnome with a college logo on it. They manufactured that. They would send they would actually send their goods to like Wayfair Zuri sold on Amazon. which is kind of part of the team that I was with. We built out our own B2C website and built our own brand from scratch selling goods directly to consumers. So that’s where I got the introduction to selling online. My job was as an affiliate manager, which is a job I currently hold today but wore many hats. So I was like building landing pages, doing deals with like Ebates at the time, now Rakuten, like Brad’s deals.com, slick deals. Like all these deals sites where a lot of people get deals on goods. I was basically operating those for our company at 10,000 skews. There’s a lot of different what should we put online? What’s seasonal? And I feel like it was almost basically doing what Amazon sellers do. Like what are the trends? What people are looking for? What kinda price point is the sweet spot? So on and so forth. So I kind of had my own like little e-commerce team around me. We’re all learning from each other. Fast forward a couple of years was successful at that. And I moved back to Indiana to be closer to family. My wife is from Ohio, Indiana. So it was either Cleveland or Indi. Those were our options. And not many grand like cities, but Cleveland or Indi. We’re gonna find whoever gets a job first. So she got a job again quickly. Not a lot of e-commerce at the time was being like propped up in Indi companies. So I actually ended up working for the Indiana Pacers in Indiana Fever, the NBA, and WMB teams for I wanna say three seasons or three-plus seasons in the event space. So it was like a lot of relationship management, ticket sales, doing like in-person meetings with people. A lot of entertaining at games which is super different from than e-commerce world. But it’s obviously a season, it’s super long. You can schedule things out. Very interesting but my heart was always trying to find where I could land in the e-commerce game. So for most of you out there who know like the company viral launch, who’s still a prominent player in the space helping beginner sellers sell on Amazon. They’re located here in Indianapolis. So I had been following Casey Gauss, who is the founder of the Viral Launch pretty closely because he was there winning all sorts of awards. I was tied into the tech scene. I was like man, this company seems to get it. They know what they’re talking about. And so they had posted a position for affiliate marketing and partnerships manager. I was like, Hey, I can sell myself on this and get back into the space. Casey was awesome to talk to, the team was great. They were growing quite rapidly. And I was able to hop on with them, even though I was out of the game for three years or so. But I was still up to date on all the efforts. So my job was to work with Casey, work with the marketing team, working with the sales team, how can viral launch market themselves? Fast forward 10 months, I got a great opportunity. Presented itself to me with Pingpong. And I was recruited over here to help lead the partnerships and affiliate marketing team and kind of where I’m at am today. So kind of carved my own little niche out here in affiliate marketing. But like I call it more content marketing and management with people. and so, I’ve jumped into the wholesale game, the B2C game. I’ve done SAS. Now I’m doing FinTech. So a little bit of everything, but all of it revolves around e-commerce. So long-winded answer, that’s my background, it’s super unique. I’ve learned a lot from the partnerships and working with different individuals in the space. I just absorb it in. By definition, I just like liked to learn. And so I think that’s part of this game is you’re constantly learning. You’re constantly evolving. You’re marketing yourself an idea or a product always. So marketing, in general, in this space is constantly being evolving. So, yeah, that’s where I’m at today.
– That’s crazy how things go full circle like this back around and now you’re back in…
– For sure.
– You touched on a little bit about your role at PingPong but let’s go a little bit deeper. What exactly is your role at PingPong and what exactly does PingPong do for Amazon sellers and why would they use it?
– Yeah, for sure. So PingPong, by definition, is a cross-border payments company. You would think of other companies out there, like Payoneer or TransferWise. PingPong is actually, is still technically a startup. We’ve been around for about six years or so. Started in New York, moved to California and then they moved the international headquarters over to China. They grew so rapidly over there as a cross-border payments solution and basically helping Amazon sellers and e-commerce sellers save more money when they’re moving money across different borders. By definition, that’s what a cross-border payment solution would be and I can go in more definition. But they’re now, they’ve grown to multiple marketplaces. We’ve grown into multiple marketplaces in the United States. We’re in San Mateo, we’re in New York. Obviously, I’m in Indiana still, so we’re obviously, a lot of people are remote still. But the company has offices in China, multiple China offices, Japan, I want to say Luxembourg, India. We’re locating at all over the world and we’re backed by some major tier-one banks that help us save sellers, like you guys when you’re selling internationally. So, but I can get into more like what we do kind of what’s our, what our products are. They’re pretty simple, but they’re definitely effective. I always say they’re not like sexy by definition, but they’re definitely useful and they’re definitely helpful by saving people money. That, in itself, is the number one solution why you should use us. So if you want me to go into that, I can definitely do that but I’m an affiliate marketing manager. It’s my job to connect with service providers and educators like you guys in this space to talk about like how we can help people but also elaborate on partnerships and help everyone understand where you need to go to learn these kinds of tips and tricks or just like solutions that you have problems with. So pointing them in the right direction and then building a brand for us since we’re so young in the United States.
– So, this is fascinating to me because as a seller and seeing that Amazon’s growing, I mean the marketplace is now worldwide, just the opportunities are phenomenal. A lot of those marketplaces as a seller are less competitive in the United States.
– So there is a real attractiveness to get into those markets. I’ve dabbled. So I’ve sent inventory into Canada, sold there, sent some into the UK, but I was overwhelmed with the process, like trying to register my business in those countries, trying to open up bank accounts. Figure out what, You know there’s all these different requirements and the requirements are constantly changing, what you have to do. Amazon’s making somethings a little easier but for me, as a seller, if I come on, if I join with PingPong, what does that process, what would that look like? And as a seller who’s not using PingPong, what are the challenges I would face that PingPong could solve?
– Yeah, for sure. Good question. So, as most people do, I’m assuming like lots of people here in the United States, but internationally if you’re selling in a different marketplace, other than your current one that you live in, like for example, if I’m selling in Europe only and I’m living in the United States there’s already a significant disconnect. You have different currencies that you’re operating in. So if I’m selling in an international marketplace Amazon is gonna pay me in that marketplace. So if I’m selling in Europe, I’m going to be receiving euros. If I’m going to sell in the United Kingdom or Britain, I’m gonna get British Sterling, like those are currencies that you will, that Amazon will send you to your bank account that you have loaded into your seller central account, like that’s a fact. A lot of people don’t understand is that that’s what happens and so right away, you’re like, well, this is kind of useless for me to operate if I’m a seller in the United States, I want to like feed my family here. I want to pay my employees or I want to pay myself like that money needs to come back to my own currency. So how do I do that? Amazon already does that. It’s a simple process, it’s already built-in. They will do that transaction and that currency exchange for you. Now with anything that Amazon does, even though it’s simple, it may not be the most cost-effective solution, right? So it can be anywhere from four or five, 6% that each seller is paying, percentage-wise of that fee, of the money that they’re moving back over. So obviously like, if you move a hundred dollars to USD from Euro and your percentage is 6%, you know you’re losing $6 just because Amazon’s moving that money for you. It’s still your money, but they’re taking that like the convenience of moving that money back to you so that you can have access to it. Well also, kind of backing up why PingPong found this kind of niche for sellers is, you’re right when you had to wanted to sell on different marketplaces internationally, you would actually have to go to those countries or go to like, go to China, go to India or go to Australia, you’d have to open a bank account in person. You’d have to show all your documentation, like “Hey, I’m a legitimate person. I’m a legitimate business entity. Give me a bank account so I can have everything be sent there.” And then you have, if you’re a big enough seller, you have 10 different or 12 different, you know bank accounts that you’re operating, constantly logging in, seeing what’s doing what. It’s so discombobulated. When we did is we developed a, almost like a digital wallet, a virtual wallet, that eliminates the ability to, you don’t have to go overseas now to establish yourself. You basically, we would create that virtual wallet for yourself, that virtual bank account in that currency that you’re going to be operating in. So we actually, there are 10 different currencies, you can make withdrawals under like obviously the USD, Mexican peso, the Canadian dollar, Australian Dollar, so on and so forth. It’s all on our website PingPong Payments, you know or find us in obviously Google us. But, you can’t get access to that money most often than not if you know if it’s all over the place, we’ve consolidated everything so that you can either exchange it into a different currency or you can withdrawal it at a very low rate. And so, by working with those banks all over the world you would be no more than paying 1% transaction fee. So right there, if Amazon is doing four or five, 6% and we’re doing no more than 1%, you know you’re obviously saving 3% on. If you’re a big seller, that’s thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars you’re just getting back and keeping in your own pocket. So, right there is a value add. So that’s if you’re selling internationally. If you’re selling just in the United States or if you’re selling in one currency or one marketplace I should say, that’s also something that we can help with because we have something called supplier to pay. Everyone’s sourcing their products from different parts of the country, whether it’s you know, India, China, wherever, most often it’s going to be overseas. Wherever you’re located. If you’re paying your supplier a lot of the communication is done through WeChat. They send you an invoice. You’re wiring the money and you never know, like. I’m assuming I’ve heard horror stories and maybe you guys can test. Like just the utter heart attack that you have when you’re when you send them a blunt like almost like a six-figure cheque for goods that you want them to produce, send back to Amazon factory. And then that process, if they haven’t received the money or if your money is just like sent through a wire, it’s gone, like you you have no tracking or ability to see where it’s going. So, a lot of people are constantly trying to figure out did my money get there? Did I put in a wrong number? Did it go to some random person over in China? I have no idea. And so, what we’ve actually been able to do is establish a network of suppliers in Asia, in Europe, obviously overseas to be able to make sure like, Hey, we have worked with these people and make sure that your money gets to these individuals. But, you can pay them, you know through our own portal and our services. What’s also really cool about that is a lot of people don’t understand that you have the power of negotiation when you can start sending and paying your suppliers or your warehousing or your virtual assistants in their own currency. And, I say that because, if they’re they know that you’re paying in USD and they’re they want R&B, for example, or they want, you know Hong Kong Dollar, whatever that currency is. They’re going to tack on a, you know exchange rate fee just for converting it for you. So there, you’re they’re making you pay that end and that fee just so that the convenience of them Tran, you know exchanging that into their own currency to pay their own like workers and they’re keep their own money. But, when you can have a virtual bank account in that currency, wherever your supplier is, or your virtual assistant or your warehouse over there. You can say, Hey what if I pay you in R&B, can I get a discount of like two to 3% or whatever that percentage you instantly get a power of negotiation. That’s kind of the cool process that you have a virtual bank account. You can have money sent there. You can send money to that currency through the mid-market rate, which is what everyone pays when they exchange fees. It’s just, you know, the fee is for the service provider. For us, we are not charging you for that conversion. It’s only when you withdrawal or put money in that’s where the fee comes in. But if you’re saying, Hey I’m gonna have an R&B Bank account and I’m gonna pay you constantly with this. Can I save myself two to 3% on my goods? More often than not they’re gonna say, yeah, that’s awesome. Like, I’ll be more than happy to give you a discount or you have that power to negotiate. So, we’re empowering sellers to negotiate with their suppliers. They’re saving money when they bring money back to their own domestic currency. And, then the other solution that we provide is that registration. So, if you sell in Europe, sell in Canada, you have to pay the VAT authorities which is a special tax that you have to, you know pay on your goods. We actually for free, you can actually pay those authorities through our portal and you can make sure that those institutes are getting paid directly from us. So, kind of going back to your question Dustin of it’s super complicated. What do I have to do? Well, we just solved like three different problems for you, just in one dashboard, that you don’t have to worry about anymore. If that education instantaneously gets nullified by using our services. So, that’s kind of like, it’s the backend stuff. That’s not sexy. Like I said, it’s not like ordering your products or product listing, but it certainly saves you money which you can reinvest in your, your business.
– And this is things that I’ve done personally like trying to sell in the UK marketplace, that was super complicated to figure out. I didn’t wanna figure it out. ‘Cause I was focused on trying to grow the business. So, just worrying about that alone is super complicated. You gave some really good tips there that R&B or you could save like two or 3%. That’s just more margin you’re adding to your business.
– I mean that right there just makes its common sense. Like if you wanna add some more margin to your business being able to sign up for PingPong and pay in that same currency. It’ll just add more to the bottom dollar there.
– Yeah, for sure
– What’s next for Ping Pong? You guys got anything coming down the pipeline? I know you got a lot of cool tools on here on your website. You got like Bugzilla. You got the funds grabber, the pay you go.
– What are some other cool things that you guys got coming?
– Yeah. So, I just got an email about today where you’re able to in the United States salary, you’re able to top up your account, you know, with a PingPong Payment. When I mean top-up is that you can send money from your bank account and replenish it. Like, if I need to send more money to my digital accounts, my PingPong accounts. That feature is now gonna be available for sellers here so that if they just need to add more money of their own, you know out of their own bank account, put it in there and exchange it, they can do that. Instead of like only working with the money that’s received in it, they can actually put money into it which is really cool functionality. You can sell and, you can actually send in over a hundred currencies with PingPong. Like, I just learned that today. I was like, that’s a ton of credit. Like, there are so many out there. When I mentioned you can receive in 10 the reason why that is, is because there’s so many different regulations out there for financial companies. If you can imagine opening a digital bank account like what. First and foremost, it’s free to sign up for a PingPong account. Like there’s literally no barrier to entry. You can sign up for today on our website for free and you can start today. And, like literally start saving money today. There’s no, there’s no if ands or buts about it. Just by signing up, you would actually go through a process called KYC, know your customer. You, basically you are verifying who you are, who you say you are if that makes sense. So it’s like, I am Kris or I am Dustin. This is my business. This is what I do. I’m verifying myself like with social security number or passport, just like trying to get like a state license or anything like that. So that our entities can say like, yes you are who you say you are. We do that because it’s a safety concern, right? Because if bad actors are out there trying to launder money, trying to send info. I had to go through compliance training guys, this stuff is scary. All the different kinds of stuff to keep you sellers safe, we are out here learning about all the bad actors in the world which is unfortunate but we have to keep your money safe and this is how we do it. So through all these verification processes, if you get everything loaded in, you can get literally approved today. And then our team of service providers can walk you through how to get your account set up in literally five minutes. It’s that easy. We do have tips and tricks like to make sure that Amazon doesn’t flag you because everyone’s worried about, well if I changed my bank account are they gonna suspend me? Well, we have like gone through all that stuff. We make sure that you guys are safe and secure and we don’t want you to be obviously dinged for that. So we suggest, obviously don’t put in different information bank account. Information like two to three days before you’re gonna get paid. Amazon will be like, that’s fishy. Let’s hold on before we send thousands of dollars to this new entity. Because they’re like us, they wanna make sure the money’s rightfully going to the right place. The other thing would be to make sure that you, that everything lines up within their, like your seller dashboard as well as like the PingPong accounts to make sure that money can go in. It’s not pending, it’s like it hits your account, is in your account. So we have like a step-by-step guide and we call it a White Glove Service that people walk with you through individually of, hey, this is how easy it is. Lemme make sure everything looks good on your end and our end. And then we’ll make sure that you’re set to go and you don’t have to like remember us basically. But to go back to your original question, Kris, new things we’ve actually created for customers who just simply ask for it. If you’re not just an individual selling on Amazon we obviously, our functionality which really cool about our services is that it doesn’t just work for Amazon. It can work if you’re invested in, for example, Airbnb or if you’re selling on Shopify or you’re selling in a different marketplace like Rakuten or WooCommerce or any of those things, you can use the same exact bank account. If you’re selling internationally, then all these different other accounts that you’d be setting up. So you can basically consolidate all of your online marketplace money into one account which is obviously safe and secure by these banks that we partner with. And by banks and I can name drop for you. It’s like Citibank and Wells Fargo. These aren’t like run-of-the-mill like federal credit bureaus that are down the road that you find and you’re like, these are high-end tier one banks that are backing your money to make sure it’s safe and secure. But the other cool thing’s that our customers have asked us for is like, if you’re a team of like five or six and you have like an accountant or people who are an assistant that is making payments to people, whether it’s paying out employees, paying out your suppliers or warehousing. You can actually as an admin have sub-accounts that you can assign rules and functions to all those different employees that under one roof basically. So they don’t have to have a different account. They don’t have to have your login credentials anything like that. You can say like, alright assistant you can have or your VA can have access to reporting. They can have access to send money to these to like your warehouse or supplier. And then that’s it. They can’t withdraw money, anything like that. You can set those rules up just like that. All these functionalities they can set. So it’s super safe and secure to do that. That was just had asked by one of our major partners. They were just like, “Hey, can you guys, can we do this? Is this a thing?” And we’re like, yeah why not? So we made sure that those rules and functionalities can happen. I’m trying to think of other, just making sure that your money’s safe and secure like two-step to authenticate, making sure like, are you sure you want to withdraw this money? It hits your SMS message. If verify it through your phone, all these different security functions that’s our number one priority is making sure people’s money’s safe and secure. And then obviously as we grow as a company the more marketplaces that Amazon gets in, we’re gonna be right behind them. So I think we’re gonna be in Turkey here shortly that we’ll be able to obviously support those who are selling in Turkey. You can receive in the United Emirates. So UAE, if you’re, that’s a marketplace that’s really cool that a lot of people are looking at as potential growth. Australia, obviously in India. You can send money and grow in that marketplace as well. So and I would say the last thing would be customer service because we’re an international company. If at any point you have questions or like, oh my gosh I don’t know how to pay my supplier in the middle of the night here in the United States. You can contact one of our colleagues here and there in China or in India or wherever in the world you are. And they’re gonna be able to walk you through. And is like, hey, we’re gonna make sure we get to the bottom of this, make sure that you are at peace of mind and then that your money is safe and you’re saving as much as possible.
– Wow this a one-stop shop, right?
– Yeah I like to think so. Even though it’s not you’re not logging in every single day. Of course like maybe things like mobile apps that would be something I would say in the future if I were to guess would it be something you can log into, but it’s a desktop function. I almost want people to say like, don’t have this be something that burdens you, have this something that you can set up, save money, and then almost forget about it. Another cool feature that we just learned recently is the automation of when you’re exchanging in foreign rates, obviously, it’s like the stock market, right? Currencies value goes up and down constantly. It’s dollars and cents here and there, but say, for example, you’re in the UK, and all of a sudden Brexit hits. All of a sudden all of your value of the of that money that is in Britain instantly goes down because of the uncertainty and a democracy that has no idea what they’re doing, right? So we can actually, we have rules that you can actually, Amazon pays you no matter what. If you didn’t have PingPong they’re gonna send that money to you every two weeks. Like no rules, there’s no regulation or there’s no scheduling. It’s always going to be every two weeks, right? For us, you can actually say, it’s gonna pay you but you don’t have to transfer that money over instantaneously to your local currency. You can say, “Hey, once I hit 10,000 euros I want 8,000 to be transferred back to me.” and set that rule and that functionality happens. So you can say like once it gets to this much, then that’s when I want the transfer to happen. Or if the value of that currency has a certain amount, then that’s when you want that money to be transferred over. So you can set rules and functions of, hey, I think that this is up to each seller. Hey, I think that Euro’s gonna be stronger in a month or two. I’m just gonna let my money sit in there. Then it does, and it goes up because the economy starts to take off and the value is stronger. Then that’s when you can bring it over. You instantly start saving money that way too. So it also like if you think about it, A lot of people don’t even think about how often they’re sending currencies back and forth. If you’re receiving in the US, receiving in Euro, then you transfer it back to USD and then you wanna resend money over to Europe. Like that you get hit twice with that currency exchange fee, If you’re doing a bank account the wire fee gets kicked in there, Amazon’s fee gets kicked in there. You’re instantly probably out like 10% or so, That’s a rough estimate, but if you’re just letting it sit there in that currency, you can just say, “I’m going to let it sit into Euro, pay for the things that I want to pay in Euro and just let it sit there. And when I really need money, that’s when I transferred back to my local currency.”
– That’s amazing.
– There’s a lot of things that you can think about. It’s kind of funny to think about money that way.
– Well, it’s actually when you start explaining this, I had an idea obviously of what PingPong was, but the scope that you just explained is monstrous. And you’ve sold me. I am actually gonna be calling Kris, signing up for PingPong.
– As you should.
– I absolutely…
– It’s free guys, come on there. There’s literally, it’s free. I know who Dustin Kane is. I know who he is. Just sign up, put all your information in there. I tell my boss, “Hey, make sure our compliance team checks them out and he’ll be able to set you up. And that’s the thing, we have one-to-one people that are constantly walking you as a seller through. You have questions, let me know, like in guys, if you’re a huge, huge seller, say like six, seven, eight figures, you have the ability to negotiate rates, not just with your suppliers, but with the fees that you incur with us. So the more that you are sending and receiving with us you have that power. You will not go above 1%, that’s the thing. It can go less. And why wouldn’t you not take advantage of the saving money? It’s just the crazy thing about if you’re thinking about, oh, like it’s thousands of dollars you guys are dealing with by the end of 2020, we’ll probably hit over $15 billion in currency going back and forth and transactions. That’s a ton of money for a company that’s five-plus years old. We’re continuously growing. And as you guys, as a seller, I would like to challenge you. If you see yourself growing into a marketplace, other than the one you’re currently selling in sign up for us. If you wanna save money, sign with us. If you think you’re gonna sell on another platform besides Amazon sign up with us. Because all your money just goes in one place, you can see, Hey, I have money coming in from Shopify, in this denomination. I can see it coming in from Amazon in this denomination. Like all these different things are in currencies. If they’re coming in from those places, you can actually see everything coming in and you can start obviously exporting the data into Excel, Any of your business entities that as we continue to progress integrate with those solutions like QuickBooks, things like that, making sure that all the money that you’re saving on a day to day basis, ’cause at the end of the day, that’s why we’re in it. Or why sellers are in it to make money and become free of their nine to five jobs or just become an entrepreneur, set money aside for their kids, or do it for fun.
– You just removed every obstacle block that I had. And considering going bigger internationally, I mean, it’s amazing because it really was, it was overwhelming thinking about all those things. And to this day, every time I send a bank wire, I hate looking at that fee. It’s like a $45 fee or something.
– It sucks, I did it when my bank was paying me for a house that I sold I was like, why do you guys have to keep like a hundred or something bucks? That’s ridiculous, that’s my money. Any person goes through it on a day, You do it when you go to a store and you’re like, “Hey, you have to have a certain threshold to use a credit card.” Also in my mind ridiculous. But some people obviously, but if you are at another barrier I’m knocked down for you, you literally don’t have to have a revenue threshold to use us. You can be selling a thousand dollars a month on Amazon to use us. Like in a foreign market, you can sell 10,000. It doesn’t matter. There’s no barrier for us to say, “Oh, sorry, we can’t help you.” Like any international seller. If money is going from A to B, that has to be secured in some way, shape, or form. And even bigger names, if thinking about money in general, you’re sending it to people, there are so many compliance rules and regulations. You wanna make sure that you’re up-to-date and constantly just making sure that it’s safe and secured. That’s what we’re trying to do. Obviously, we’re an international company. You’re going to hear from us more. You’re gonna hear, see us more. If you have questions on getting even started, that’s where that next step is. Everyone’s like, I got to get really good at this one thing in my own market before I grow internationally. Well, why don’t you just set yourself up short success and start prepping yourself like working with translation services, working with copywriters to make sure that your products and goods are gonna be great in those markets, making sure that you’re going to be localized appropriately, making sure you have a business entity there because it used to be, you’d have to have an individual live in that country and have them as “I am the head of this company in Canada or whatever.” And you’d be signing over your rights and regulations for a citizen of that country and it’s not that way anymore. You can do it from the comfort of your couch literally right now.
– If you’re thinking about going international, obviously PingPong is the place to start.
– We’re a piece of the puzzle, yes, we’re not the only solution.
– Because it is very confusing. There are all these different regulations. And to have somebody in your corner, like PingPong, would just make things easier. So if you’re there and you’re thinking about going international or different marketplaces. It would be a no brainer just to get a PingPong account. Just so you have somebody to talk to about that or different types of payment options, ’cause it’s overwhelming and you don’t want to get lost in this. You also have a podcast,
– I do.
– Called the Crossover Commerce.
– If you guys can tell, I like to talk a lot.
– No, you’re full of information. Tell us about your podcast crossover commerce.
– For sure. So yeah, Crossover Commerce was like a brainchild of… It was actually started when our China marketing team like I said, we’re in so many different countries. They asked us to say like, “Hey, there’s a bunch of Chinese sellers that wanna learn just more about copyright, image protection, protecting images, and stuff like that.” I’ll go “That’s interesting like I didn’t think about that.” And they started explaining why it’s a big issue, as you guys know, they just get banned or there is just not a lot of, bad actors get overtaken in the news by international sellers. But they’re just trying to figure it out. And they might just like to copy and paste an image. They’re just like, “How do we avoid this kind of stuff?” And I was like, “Well I know some people I can reach out and maybe they’ll talk about it with me and we will like record something on Zoom or do something fun.” So I called up my buddy, Rob Stanley over at FeedbackWhiz, and he was like, “Yeah I know Jeff Schick of SellerBasics and he does this, he’s an attorney for e-commerce sellers.” So we were like, “Yeah, let’s just record something fun and get information out of it, and then we’ll send it to the attorney’s team.” So it was really cool we did that. We didn’t go live like we’re doing right now, but I was like, this is really cool. It was like, I like talking a lot about this stuff. I’m not an expert in my field, but I have a really cool perspective. Like as you know, my background is super weird and unique and I’m all over the place. But anyway, I know a lot of people that can talk about this kind of stuff. So, maybe we should just start educating people o an unbiased way, like I have no ties to them, I’m not getting compensated by anyone. I’m working for a company, but they wanna educate people too, on how to save money. Maybe I can just pitch this as a new show. So I came up with my team, the concept of Crossover Commerce, which the name is a playoff of PingPong. PingPong by definition is a back and forth game, which is cross-border payments. It’s a funny, unique thing, unfortunately, we just get a lot of calls for like, “Hey, where’s my ping pong table at?” Or “How can I order a table” or whatever. So it was like if there’s a business opportunity out there, obviously don’t steal my URL, but lots of people are calling us about that kind of stuff so please stop doing that if you’re listening. Anyways, Crossover Commerce is like a move in tennis, like you’re moving from your dominant position over to something weaker. So by definition, we’re trying to explain something that we’re really strong at in making people better, that they might not know a lot about. I go live almost two to three times a week, just like you guys. Not as much as this show, but we’re on nine different platforms for podcasts. It’s called Crossover Commerce. It’s presented by PingPong Payments. But it’s really cool stuff like I’ve had people and just different entities obviously we go through copyrights, we deal with images and just like kind of law stuff. We went through Pic View, as you all know, like AB testing, like why is that important. Had some sit-downs with CEOs like Justin Shannon of Pic View, and just like the entrepreneur journey, like, how did you come up with a brainchild that’s like, you’re focused in all these different areas. Emma Tamir from marketing by Emma. I’m talking with Moses Simonson about today from Empowery. There’s a lot of different cool people that have just been receptive and open to talk on the topic freely. And that’s what we’re trying to do is just educate people if they take a little bit away from that. It’s not a boring webinar, I don’t bring people on just to bore people to death with slides. It’s just to educate them, kind of have a conversation like what we’re doing, and give my unique perspective on it. So yeah, that’s our show, it’s really cool. We’ve been listened to in 15 different countries already, and I have more to pump out there, but as you guys know, it just takes time and people are busy and especially in Q4, but I’m super happy how it’s going. I think there’s a lot of education and great brand awareness, but also just I myself am learning so much from listening to this so, I’m super excited about it. Thanks for bringing that up.
– I would just add to that how fun it is. I mean, just doing it, running it, doing a podcast, going live and meeting people in the space, It’s super fun. If we weren’t doing this, if you weren’t doing this, we would have never connected.
– That’s true.
– I would have never understood more of the power of PingPong. Just like it helped my business. It’s just sharing knowledge like this, it’s super fun, it’s entertaining, it’s educational and you can learn a lot, so–
– Yeah, and it’s not very, it’s not sales you guys like obviously there are links to their companies and whatnot in the description, but it’s not there to just push something down the listener’s throat, it’s there to just educate. Like, if you have questions, obviously I let people know, this is how you can get in touch with me if there’s a topic you want to touch on, obviously, you can reach me and find me, I’m on social media, on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, all those different fun platforms. If you have questions or you just wanna hear it, we’re here to open and educate people on that. Like you said, VAT is just super, no one knows about it. It’s just kind of a weird topic. Like I just don’t know everything about PPC, which is why I reached out to you guys or like bids and things like that. All stuff that everyone has their own expertise, but they’re not like the guru sense. It’s just legitimate, firsthand information that they’re sharing.
– Yeah, I knew VAT was serious when I started getting physical mail from my house and I was like, this is
– They’ll find you guys, they’ll find you.
– Get ahold of this, so it was super confusing, but I’m glad that’s over with.
– Yeah, for sure. And that’s the cool thing it’s like, when people kind of reach us, they’re ready, they’re like hungry to grow. As you guys know, when people get into that kind of like next tier of selling or trying to think about it, you’re doing something right. So it’s like very successful people that we get in touch with all the time. We’re just here to help bring that more to fruition and make it easier for you to do that something. Again there are other people out there, there are other companies that do what we do. I don’t think that they have the customer service that we do. You have people like me, so obviously you could interact with me, our great sales team in California or all around the world. We’d love to have you guys just like us on social media, PingPong Payments. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. I go live all the time, just sharing information. So we’d love to work with you and save you money as a seller. And then obviously all the different functionalities. And if you ask a question, we can help you, at least, let us try and let us see, make sure that you get the best rate, because if you get a great rate from a bank, fantastic, good for you. You’re probably crushing it. Unfortunately, we just can’t beat that, but I think what we like to do is say we beat the best rates out there, provide great customer service, are innovative, and we’re an international company focused on sellers.
– Ryan, that was great, that was.
– That was great! Thanks for coming on.
– For sure guys.
– Yeah, that was so much information. And everyone out there listening, check out PingPong payments, go to the website. Ryan, what do they need to do to sign up? Just go to the website?
– Yeah, the website is usa.pingpongx.com. That’s our US base. If you are an international seller, if you’re in a different country, there’s a dropdown menu of all the different locations that we offer. Like I said, India, I mean all over the world. We can help you out. And there are different looking websites, that our teams put together different solutions for those marketplaces. But if you’re here in the United States, usa.pingpongx.com. Literally, you can just click the sign-up button and go through the process, create an account. Put in all of your information. If you have questions off-hand, you can actually go to firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask your questions beforehand. Otherwise, just mention this podcast or mention this video and it will find its way to me by our team. And we’ll be more than happy to sort out any questions for you guys.
– Amazing, there you go!
– That was so much information. That was valuable. I just… I know.
– I blow minds guys, yep. And if you wanna learn more today, come on our channels. I’ll be there in a couple of hours doing the same thing, talking’ about something’ different.
– Yeah, so everyone can check out Crossover Commerce. You gotta check out that podcast. Like it, listen to it. Leave a review. Do the same for us, if you can. Ryan, that was amazing. And we’ll hopefully be talking’ to you soon.
– For sure, thanks, everyone.
– Thanks, Ryan.
– See ya.