In this episode of Two Amazon Sellers and a Microphone, Dustin and Kris discuss Sellozo’s ProductVu software and how Amazon sellers can use it to better understand their business by looking at Amazon data at the product level.
See more of Dustin and Kris here https://sellozo.com/blog/
Listen To – Two Amazon Sellers And A Microphone Podcast On These Platforms:
Find Us On Social Media:
➜ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sellozo
➜ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sellozoofficial
➜ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sellozo
➜ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sellozooffi
➜ Twitter: https://twitter.com/sellozoofficial
➜ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Sellozo
Read The Full Text Here
Sellozo Spotlight ProductVu – What is it and how Amazon sellers can use it?
– Hello everyone, and welcome to Episode 57 of Two Amazon Sellers in a Microphone. I’m Dustin Kane and with me as always is Kris Gramlich. What’s happening, Kris?
– It’s another victory Monday. So things are going well around here.
– Yes, I’m proudly wearing all of my Chief’s gear because they are headed to the Superbowl. So it is an exciting time in Kansas City. It’s fun for us.
– Yes it is. Yes it is.
– Now, that’s not why anybody is here to listen, but if you are a Chiefs fan we’re celebrating with you for sure. But now, today is gonna be fun. We’re gonna do our first in a series of Sellozo spotlights, where we’re gonna just highlight some different aspects of the Sellozo platform. And today we’re gonna be talking about the product view section, which is a really in-depth reporting feature that we offer through Sellozo. So we wanted to walk you through it and show you just all the features and how it can really help you understand your business better, what’s happening, break down a lot of the data. So we’re gonna jump into that today, Kris.
– Yeah, this is one of my favorite sections, I mean, this might be my favorite section actually, just because of the amount of data that’s in this section. So I like this because there’s a lot of reports, there’s data, there’s numbers, just everything about your product you’re gonna be able to find.
– I’m gonna share my screen here. And for those of you interested or listening to the podcast, you can always go to our Facebook page, our YouTube channel and watch these, we do these live every day. So check out the recording there but we’re gonna try to walk through a little bit for those of you listening just to kind of give you an idea of what’s going on. So what I have here in front of me is an It’s in demo mode, but what they have to point out right away is just the sheer volume this account does. So Sellozo was very powerful. It can handle a lot of skews, a lot of different data. This account’s huge. So the volume this account does is, it was always one to show. Dustin, what do you think about the product field?
– Well, number one, I think to start off with I think anybody who has experienced selling on Amazon knows how just difficult it is when you’re inside seller central to really get a coherent understanding of what’s going on. I mean, there’s hundreds of different reports you can download of just different data but you just don’t see it in a way that’s easy to understand and easy to just make quick adjustments to what you’re doing with your products. And that’s where this product view section comes in so handy. And it’s interesting cause you and I, talking to sellers and obviously people that are coming to talk with us are interested in our ad automation. I mean, that’s what we’re known for, our ad automation optimization, but when we start showing them some of our reporting sections they’re like, Holy cow, this is really impressive. This makes things a lot easier. Plus we’re doing calculations on things that aren’t inside seller central, like a total ACoS that is supercritical to know but the main thing about the product view section and what it does is it breaks the data down at the skew or ASEN or parent ASEN level. So there’s a lot we can touch on there, but just in terms of knowing what PPC spend was allocated to a certain skew, I mean, that’s unbelievable to know to see that in this reporting. So you can know how much has been spent on that skew and ads, but not to mention everything else and we’ll touch on this more later but there’s also the ability to group products together filter, and sort out your products. So if you wanna see at the top of the product view section, if you wanna see like, or sort like right now on this pivot now we’ve got them sorted by total revenue, total sales in descending order. So as they scroll down through their products they’re seeing their products from the best seller on down currently for the last 30 days. Of course, you can change the date range as well on this. But if you, you know, if you’re someone who sells swimsuits as a part of your line, and you’ve got 80 different types of swimsuits and you would just love to be able to see the metrics for all of your swimsuits together, well, this is what product view allows you to do. And it’s really, really powerful, especially if you’re managing other brands there’s all kinds of ways where this can be helpful for you.
– Yeah. And even the filter section is on there. So we’ve got a lot of different filters you can filter by ASN status, product name, the spend, price, the tags. You mentioned that earlier, the smart tags, that’s a good T featured have is where you can tag products. So you mentioned selling different brands or who sell different lines of products. Like you got a home and garden area and then you got like a sporting goods area and you can tag those as different products, and then you can sort those and see which category does what? So there’s a lot of data in here and a lot of ways you can make it your own, like Customize it. What I like are the skew trends. Like the options on all the data that we show inside here. So, you can choose your own stats. And this is where a lot of our agencies like this.
– Yeah. And for those that are listening, I mean we won’t read all of them, but I mean you’re able to tag along if you want to see total sales refunds what are your FBA fees, taxes, your margins. I mean, it goes on and on and on what you can add to this report. But it’s basically everything. It’s everything that you can get from Amazon. We’re able to report it. At the high level, just as Chris and I talk about this all the time, but we’re sellers ourselves. What you can learn about your products and how they’re actually performing on Amazon is really powerful. I mean, I’ve had products that I’ve plugged in and into a product view looked at and were unprofitable per unit. And I thought that I was absolutely profitable on it. And so when you’re like what we’re able to do is we’re able to upload your cost of goods sold, inbound shipping costs as well. So there’s a big button run on the side that for each product where we’re doing a calculation of your total true profit and your true profit margin and which is including your cost of goods sold that you’ve uploaded. So you’re able to see your true profit for that time period, your profit per unit for that time period, your profit margin. So you can quickly see what’s working well and what’s not working well all the time through this product view section. Let’s talk about just what it is reporting on. So we’re right now, I know a lot of you guys are listening in on the podcast you’re not getting the visual but we’ll walk you through it. On the revenue side at the skew level, we’re showing you your sales, your orders, pending total sales, receipts, reimbursements refunds, revenue, all of that’s reported at that skew level. And then of course we’re reporting on all of your costs. The costs include your cogs, your inbound shipping, commissions, FBA fees, promotions, any taxes, PPC spend. So you’re gonna be able to see your total costs for that during that time period. It’s invaluable. It can help you just make better quicker strategic decisions. And it goes on and on. There’s so much more to talk about Chris.
– Yeah. I mean a couple of these other ones, it’s like PPC performance. So you can see how this specific skew does on the ads and how they’re performing with your Amazon advertising. You can track your conversions whether it’d be the same skew or other skews. So that’s kinda a good little metric to see there. Your ROAS is a big thing that Amazon rolled out last year’s return on ad spend. That metric has also inside the app, inside the software under product view. And then your, ACoS is also in there, 4% is the ACoS for this one. Conversion rates big, people wanna know what that is. So there’s just a lot of little individual line data in here. We’re always adding more like there’s always gonna be more stuff that we’re gonna be able to add to this, or that’s gonna get a facelift and look totally different. As far as you can like toggle around your own metrics. Maybe you wanna see your inventory summary first instead of seeing your revenue first or whatever. You can like move those boxes around hopefully in the future. And then your inventory summary is a good one. This shows you how many were ordered within that timeframe. How many units sold, your sales velocity per day, I think that’s a cool metric using the most 30 days a day. This way you can kind of track like if your product is starting to scale up or if you’re launching a product and you’re starting to rank more for keywords, you’ll see your average order value or average order velocity go up. And so that’s a good one to track. And then your average order value, we also track. So if somebody, you know, you could do bundles or multiple, by multiple units I know Dustin has a few products that people can buy more than one. You’ll be able to get that calculation as well. And then to kinda finish off on this one, inventory days remaining. I like that one, kinda tells you how long you have until you run out of stock. So, you know, this is something you wanna track cause you don’t wanna run out of stock cause it’s like the worst thing that can ever happen to you on Amazon. You’re just missing out on sales and then your ranking kinda dies and you gotta restart over again. So keeping your products in stock is super important. And this is where you can go to product view, and you can see that inside here.
– Yeah. And touching on the inventory. That’s another way you can filter your products. So I do this quite often, there is all filter products by inventory days is great, less than like 15 or 20 so that I can get a quick and I can quickly filter that out and see those exact products. And we have other ways where you can view your inventory. But if you wanna see just a specific day like that, which is something I like to do, I like to see how many of my skews have inventory days remaining that is less than 15. And I’m able to then quickly ship in. I think the biggest thing for me, the thing that I look at the most in the product view is the total ACoS. And I think that’s something that we can, it’s such an important metric. I think Amazon sellers are aware of it. A lot of them calculate it maybe on their own but to be able to see it and understand it. So for example, I’ll be talking to people that we onboard clients when they come on to Sellozo we help them walk through the platform and all of us have a conversation with them. And they’re talking about how they’re unhappy with their current ACoS. You know, it’s at 60, 70%. They don’t like it. And I look at the product view and their total ACoS on that product is like 10%. And I’m explaining to them, you’re really doing well here right now. Your PPC ACoS might be high but you’re selling so much organically because of that that your total ACoS is profitable. I mean, you’re only spending 10% per unit. I mean, if we look at this example right here this is a pretty extreme example. Anyway, just in terms of how low the PPCA causes but this product has a 4% PPCACoS, which is what you would see inside your campaign manager on Amazon. But they’re totally ACoS is .5%. So if I’m this product owner I’m going to be much more aggressive with my advertising because there’s room there. And so this can help take the sting out of those high ACoS numbers that you see or worry about. Now, conversely, you may have a high ACoS and a high total ACoS. In which case you have to deal with that at there. But the ability to see this quickly, have this data at your fingertips, and then even from the product view section, we can do things like changing the target ACoS on the campaign that product is in which is nice. It’s able to quickly look at the data and then make those adjustments.
– Yeah, this is a great section. Again, there’s a lot to it. It’s very high-level stats. You can see it all and then you can dive down, even deeper into each skew. This is one of the things that I just love showing. You can launch new campaigns from here. If you wanna launch a new campaign basically lots of new ad campaigns. So a product view is a good section for us and it is included in a 14-day trial. So you can use Sellozo for 14 days and you can see all your data during that 14-day trial if you want. And you’ll have a call with myself or Dustin and we’ll go through your account with you and just kinda show you everything, answer your questions and just make sure you understand what you’re looking at.
– Yeah. I think people are shocked when they come on demos with us. I mean, they’re expecting to get some good optimization of the campaigns but they’re really shocked when they see how clean and the level of reporting we offer them for free. I mean, it’s in addition as a part of your plan when you come on for the ad automation, and yeah, like Chris said, we would love to walk you through it. We’d love to get your account connected, get a free trial and get you on the onboarding call, help look through your numbers with you, help you understand the metrics that you don’t or how you can use this data to really propel your business to the next level. But that’s the product view section. That’s our little dive in a little Sellozo’s spotlight on the product view section and we are gonna do these periodically. We obviously, talk about everything in regards to running a business on Amazon. So it’s covered, there’s a whole lot of topics to go over in that, but we wanna keep highlighting some of the features on our platform because if you are selling on Amazon, you will benefit from Sellozo You will benefit in taking the legwork out of managing your Amazon campaigns. You’ll benefit from being able to clearly see your data and your stats and how everything’s working in your business in a much cleaner way. So we’d love to get you on. It’s a risk-free, 14-day free trial. Plus you get to talk to me or Chris, what could be better? It’s a win-win-win. So yeah, please go to Sellozo.com, at the top right you can book a demo with Chris or I or you can go ahead and sign up for the free trial period and we’ll meet you on onboarding call.
– We also have, in addition to that, we also have a webinar coming up that people come to check us out. We’re doing rapid-fire questions with our PPC expert Brock. And so far I think we’ve got more like 30 questions. I know you and I’ve got like 15. I’m sure we got more but we’re gonna do rapid-fire questions with Brock. So come join the webinar.
– Yeah. Brock’s amazing. He is a PPC guru. So literally we’re not. That’ll be a great webinar to attend. Also, Chris, let’s go ahead and throw this out there. We have a new program that we’re launching at Sellozo too. If you’re new to selling on Amazon, if you’ve got your product, and you’re working on your listings, you’re getting your listing set up but you’re just struggling to just know all there’s a lot to help to know to get you to the next level. We’re gonna be releasing a program and we’re doing it right now. It’s called Sellozo ramp up. And that’s where we’re gonna really hold your hand for a year to help you take your product or products that you’re launching and get them to the next level where you’re right there with your competitors, your sales are ramped up. So that’s really exciting so that’s something that’s intriguing to you as well. It’s called our Sellozo ramp-up program Chris or I on a call can just go over all the details with you on it. But yeah, a lot of good stuff happening over here.
– A lot of things going on. So, I think that was good for us. I think we’ve covered quite a bit, a good episode. Keep it short and I think that’s all we got.
– Yup. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube all the Sellozo group pages on those platforms and also like and subscribe and leave a review on our podcasts. We’d love it. And we’ll see you guys on the next episode. Have a great day.