How To Get Ready For Amazon Prime Day – New Amazon Updates
Kris Gramlich and Dustin Kane discuss how to get ready for amazon prime day and new Amazon updates that are coming out. Amazon Prime Day is coming and you don’t want to miss the window to get your Amazon listings added for Prime day.
Are you struggling with PPC for your Amazon Campaigns? Take a look at Sellozo
Listen To – Two Amazon Sellers And A Microphone Podcast On These Platforms:
Find Us On Social Media:
➜ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sellozo
➜ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sellozoofficial
➜ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sellozo
➜ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sellozooffi
➜ Twitter: https://twitter.com/sellozoofficial
➜ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Sellozo
Read The Full Text Below:
How To Get Ready For Amazon Prime Day
– Hello everyone and welcome to episode 82 of Two Amazon Sellers and a Microphone brought to you by Sellozo. Today, it’s just Kris and myself. We’re actually gonna be two Amazon sellers talking to you with no guests. But we have a lot of really cool information to go over. There’s a lot of changes and updates and things that Amazon is putting out. So we’re gonna definitely cover all those things so you can really check in your account right now and make some adjustments for these. So will be fun to go over these big updates that are coming up. Before we do though, if you’re watching us right now on YouTube, you need to subscribe to this channel. Subscribe and turn on notifications. You’ll be notified when we go live. We do this every day and we try to bring you the most up-to-date information about everything on Amazon. We try to bring on as many experts as we can in the space. So this is a great spot for you to get just up-to-date information about Amazon. So make sure you subscribe. If you’re watching us live on our Facebook right now, make sure you like the Sellozo page. Turn notifications on for the Sellozo Facebook page and you’ll be notified again when we go live. And of course, if you’re listening to us on podcast, make sure whatever podcast platform you’re on that you subscribe to the podcast so you know when we have new episodes out. All right, we got all the subscribe things out of the way.
– Enough of the housekeeping.
– Yeah, guys, if you all would just subscribe, then I won’t have to talk about that anymore. So just subscribe. But all right, well let’s dig into this, Kris. There’s some big things coming up right now that people need to be aware of inside Amazon. So let’s go through them. We’ve got three of them that we’re gonna really tackle today. A biggie, they announced Prime Day and they’ve opened up that the one we can start putting our deals out right now. We wanna be doing that. So Amazon just announced a couple of days ago that Prime day is gonna be July 12th and 13th. So it’s always exciting. They’re back to the July. We had a little brief delay last time they moved October but we’re back to the July time frame. And now if you go in, you’re gonna start seeing that you’re eligible to start setting up deals for Fun Day. So I got a little bit, Kris, that’s important to know.
– Yeah, go to your accounts. You’re gonna pull up, like when you create lighting deals, you’ll start to see where it’ll have a prime window option. So you wanna get those deals submitted ’cause here in like a couple of weeks you won’t be able to do that anymore. Two or three weeks like the middle of April they’ll stop doing that. So if you’re gonna do lightning deals if you have the inventory, if you wanna participate in it, go to your deals page and you’ll create the deals they’re gonna be in there. I mean, you’ll choose the Prime Window Option and you’ll select it and then Amazon will take it and you’ll get your product into a lightning deal. So I recommend doing it. It’s a good, it’s a really good time to liquidate some inventory. If your trying to move away from a product you wanna get rid of it like salt then liquidate it. I have a product I’m gonna do that with. Or if you’ve got a product that you’ve recently just launched and you’re trying to get some sales on it, this could be a good time to get some eyeballs on it get some sales on it. So yeah, you’re gonna wanna do these ’cause if we’ve seen what we’ve seen in the past, Amazon just gonna promote it. I would imagine this one’s gonna be pretty massive too especially with, with how things went in 2020.
– And we talked about this before Prime day, last year, the impact of that amount of sales, especially if you are doing a PR. I mean, everyone’s sales are most likely gonna increase anyway on Prime day. But if, if you’re doing a deal, I mean that could be your biggest day of the year by a long shot. And the impact of that sales velocity on your BSR and your organic rank is, can be huge. And it can last a long time after Prime day. I mean, that can really pump you if you’ve been slipping or anything in your organic rank I mean, just across the board you should be doing every Prime day deal that you’re eligible for. And essentially, I mean, a long time ago, back in the day, you could do Prime day deals almost right up until Prime day.
– Options were still open to get in there and that is not the case anymore. There, you know, there, you know, I don’t I don’t know what the exact window is but if you miss it you’re not gonna be able to get your prime day deal in.
– Yeah, you definitely wanna get in there. I haven’t done a Prime day deal. I didn’t do and I, I noticed it like, like your sales pretty maybe like a 10% higher, but other than that you’re not really getting the benefit of it. So we’ll probably talk a little bit more about it as we get closer. We’ll do an episode on like what you can do but right now, like main thing, get some inventory. If you’re, if you’re running low you want to get that rolling cause you’re gonna need it.
– Yeah, well, I mean, you may get a little bump in sales, but if you don’t do a prime day deal and your competitor does they’re gonna get all the impact. I mean, they’re gonna get that huge bump in ranking and sales velocity, et cetera. So, yeah, that’s a biggie. I just want to make sure everyone’s aware that you can now submit prime day deals. So don’t overlook that, don’t miss the window they have open for that. That’s a big one for today. All right. Another interesting thing that Amazon has released I don’t know, a week ago or two weeks ago is the ability to upload documents. These documents go on your listing. So it’s pretty cool. There’s a lot of products I sell that have guides and user guides and all these, and I’m using these as I’m using inserts or follow up emails, all that. Now it’s going around on the listing. And like we always say if there’s a space where you can put valuable information or a differentiator on your listing, that can separate you from your competition, you should do it. So I think there’s been a lot of chatter right now in the space about documents and just all the potential applications that we might have for these.
– Yeah, and this was what we used to do in the day. Back in the day was, we would follow up with an email and we would add that attachment to that follow up email that would be sent out to the, to the customer. But now we can just add it to the listing and that can be right there. So if you’ve got a product that like needs instructions, or has a lot of moving parts and people need to understand how to use it, like it’s, it’s easy. Go ahead and get that uploaded. You’re gonna want to add that to, to your listing. Cause that’s, what’s gonna be helpful when people get it. It could help like eliminate one star reviews. When people get that and they don’t know what’s going on and they don’t know how to use a product they’re gonna leave a bad review. So if you have a product that has moving parts or is electronic definitely wanna get your document uploaded. Currently this is for brand registry, brand owners is what I’ve seen on my end. Like you can always you can only find them brand registry owners, but it’s underneath your inventory tab. If you go to the inventory tab there’s a section at the very bottom that says “manage uploaded documents.” I think that’s what it says. Dozens, all right.
– It says “manage product documents.”
– Manage product documents. Yeah, so you don’t wanna you wanna put those there. So definitely something to add to your listing.
– Yeah, and I’m, you know, this is like, it’s very new. So I’ve been thinking about this over the last week of just different applications. I’m sure obviously there’s a lot of ways to potentially abuse this and get, you know if you’re linking to your website or anything like that. I’m sure those documents don’t get approved but the applications are, are pretty big. I mean, I’m in the exercise category. So workout guides that compliment your product. I mean, that was a big ad-on but it was also work like that’s an expense to have that printed and put it in your product. If this is the way that it can be downloaded right off the listing page and you can highlight that in your bullets or anything else where they can find the access it’s a huge benefit. ’cause a lot of people, you know if stuff needs like a user guide or directions to put it together or something like that this can really be a differentiator for people that are looking for that assistance as a part of an add onto the product. And it costs probably minimal to get the document clear. You can do it a PDF, you can make it on your computer and it could be a big add on. The only thing I was thinking about is something like a workout guide. I mean, they can just go to the listing and download it. They might not even buy your product but now they’re gonna have something where they get they’re getting value and they’re associating with you and your product and your brand. So I really feel like there’s opportunities with these additional resources that you can put on these products that can, that. That could really be a benefit that could be a differentiator. So I’m excited to see what goes
– Yeah it’s gonna be kind of slow I think at the beginning, like, because customers aren’t gonna know where to go. I would assume they don’t know where to download it at. So I think at the beginning, people are gonna be kinda confused on where to find it. Until people start to find it or until it’s more prevalent on the listing or until Amazon makes it, you know big and bold and where you can find it. I think it’s gonna be kind of tough, but you know there’s ways you could promote it like make an image that says “go down here and click to download the PDF or whatever.” So I think at the beginning, there’ll be a little bit slow but it’ll, it’ll start to get some traction.
– Sure, but again, it’s gonna be one of those things that not everybody adopts right away. So if you’re gonna do that and you can make it a bit competitive advantage, do it. It’s not gonna take you much time to put that together. So that’s a real, that’s the big one. There’s been a lot of talk about that. So make sure you’re aware. If you are brand registered, you can go to the inventory tab in the bottom of the menu. It says “manage product documents.” So go ahead and do that and let us know what’s happening. We’d love to hear from you guys about what you’re doing what you’re doing with that and how you’re having success with it. So please let us know. All right. The third thing we wanna talk about today. This is pretty big. This is pretty big on here. Is this is Amazon is going to take away some data we’ve been able to use in the past. This is the customer data, the customer fulfillment data. On April 8th, Amazon will no longer give us access to this. Which is basically the customer’s address. So I mean, there’s a lot of people that Kris you and I talked about this before. We can talk about more. But how you can use that address for additional marketing and it’s going away. So Kris, tell them what to do right now.
– If you haven’t downloaded the fulfillment reports from your account, you wanna get that done now. You can go back as far as 18 months. And what you’re doing is you’re just downloading it month by month by month by month just getting those reports so that you have that list. And the way you can do it with that list is re-targeted on Facebook, you know. Upload it to Facebook and run a retargeting ad to try to get those customers into your funnel. Now, maybe it’s a little bit of a gray area, but I mean, everybody’s doing that. It’s all over, especially in a supplement that so that no surprise why Amazon’s getting rid of this. But to get it, to get it you see my screen here. What wanna do is you’re gonna go to your reports appear at the top. Let me see if I can make my screen a little bigger. There we go. Yeah, so you wanna go to the reports here at the top and you’ll click on the fulfillment tab. That’s gonna pull up all the Amazon fulfillment reports and then over on the left, underneath the sales section it’ll say Amazon fulfilled shipments right here. So you simply wanna click on that and then it’ll give you a spot where you can request to CSB. But before you wanna do that, you wanna go down to the exact dates area and you wanna go back just keep it in the back button as far as you can go. And it’s gonna stop me here in a second. It’s right there. Sort of grayed out. So October 3rd, and then I wanna go back and I wanna do it till the 31st. That will be one month. So I would download this as a CSV. I would name this 10 19. So I know that it’s October 19th. And then I would do this again for November. Go to November and do the first and then go all the way down to 31st. So you’re gonna do this for every month and you’re gonna create these CSV files. Just have these in your back pocket. These are gonna be something that you’re gonna use again for marketing, where you can drive traffic to Amazon, which I think they would like anyway. You’re driving more traffic to amazon.com again. So check that out and you could see here it’ll show you upcoming changes effective April 8th. Amazon will no longer include the customer name and street address in these Amazon fulfilled shipments. So if you take anything away from this podcast this would be the major one I think. I think this is something that you want at least download these reports because if you haven’t done that if you’ve never even never knew it existed it’s about to go away and you wanna make sure you have it at least in some of your files somewhere. So again, go to reports tab, go down to fulfillment. When you click on fulfillment, go to the far left on the sales section on the sales column go down to the third one. It’ll say Amazon fulfilled shipments. You click on that. And then you pick your event dates and you wanna go back as far as you can and just start downloading CSV files.
– Yup. That’s good stuff Kris. And whether or not you think the future or if you don’t have your strategies yet of how you would use that, like Kris said you need to download it. It’s customer data, your customers your customer data that you have access to that’s going to disappear. So even if you don’t have a plan for it yet, just have it like Kris said in your back pocket. All right, well, those are the three major sort of updates in the, in the Amazon world right now. We’re gonna do this periodically where we’re going to just do a show on some things that you wanna be on the lookout for some changes that are happening. Like we always talk about this is an ever evolving deal selling on Amazon. It changes all the time. And the only reason that Kris and I find out about these things is because we’re listening to podcasts and watching YouTube, were in mastermind groups and talking amongst ourselves, we would never know this. I didn’t know about the Amazon fulfilled shipments report until about an hour ago. Kris told me, you know. And now we’re talking about documents all the stuff that we just went over today. So that’s, that’s the update. We’ll do this periodically. That’s why it’s really important to stay connected in this community. So, you know, what’s going on. That’s why you should subscribe to the YouTube channel the podcast and the Facebook page so that you get these updates all the time. Now, if you need help with your advertising on Amazon if you’re just done with all the amount of work that you have to do to optimize your campaigns manually through Amazon and you want something to automate that process, or if you’re just struggling in general with your ads and you need someone to help you design your struc- design your campaign structure and your strategy we’re for you. That’s what we do at Sellozo. And Chris and I would love to show you the user interface, our software that can do this for you. We’d love to talk to you of a team that can help you with your accounts. So go to sellozo.com on the top right. You can start your free trial, that will book a demo with me or Kris. We can talk about anything on Amazon. We can talk about strategy. We can show you the Sellozo platform and we’d love to get you involved. You’re gonna really like what you see. It’s a lifesaver when you can automate that process. So join us there for a demo. sellozo.com book a demo. That’s it for today. We’ll be back at this again tomorrow. I hope everyone got something out of this and we’ll see you next time.