Amazon Holiday Shopping Strategies You Can Implement Right Now In Q5
How do I find low-hanging fruit to go after during the upcoming holiday shopping season?
What is the Above The Fold Strategy and how do I implement it into my Amazon business.
Amazon Holiday Shopping: What is Q5?
Q5 is what Amazon has defined as Black Friday until the shipping deadline for Christmas.
How do I boost my rankings right now?
Learn how to use chatbots to dominate the Amazon holiday shopping season
Learn how you can dominate your category during Amazon’s busiest shopping from Black Friday To Christmas, better known as Q5!
Listen to Michelle Barnum Smith and Dustin Kane as they show you how to prepare for the upcoming holiday shopping and to get your listings, rankings, and PPC in place right now.
Find out more:
Find Us On Social Media:
➜ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sellozo
➜ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sellozoofficial
➜ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sellozo
➜ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sellozooffi
➜ Twitter: https://twitter.com/sellozoofficial
➜ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Sellozo
More Helpful Articles:
Read The Full Text Below:
– All right, let’s get cranked up here, everybody. And welcome to our webinar. We have a phenomenal guest joining us, it’s one of our favorites over here at Sellozo, Michhelle Barnum Smith. Welcome, welcome. We can’t wait. Cause we’re, we got a really cool topic. Three powerful strategies to dominate Amazon Q5.
– And I already have a question right off the bat. Let’s figure out what Q5 is.
– What the heck is Q5? Yeah, so Amazon has defined Q5 is like the timing between Black Friday and shipping deadline for Christmas. So the rest of Q4 is like, oh, you’re cute. You’re cute over there, but what we really care about are these like, you know, two, three weeks of time when sales just explode for Amazon.
– Yep. And that’s the exciting time on Amazon right there. And there’s a lot of things that we need to do as sellers and brands to prepare the best for this because it’s different. I mean, there’s a lot more traffic, there’s maybe some more window shopping. There’s some different keywords that people are typing in that they wouldn’t do. So we’re excited to jump in and discuss all these with you. You are clearly an expert in all things preparing for this. So let’s get started. I know that you’ve got a presentation, I’ll try to, we’ll get that pulled up and then I’ll do a little intro of us. So yeah again, we are going to be talking about the three powerful strategies to dominate Amazon in Q5. I’m going to be hosting this and let Michelle bring her expertise. But I’m Dustin Kane. I’m with teams Sellozo. Sellozo, if you are not currently a customer or a client of Sellozo, we help you automate and optimize your Amazon PPC, which is a huge part of preparing for Q5. It’s definitely not the only thing at all. You need to be doing lots of strategies. So we’d love to talk with you about how we can help automate and optimize your PPC for you. I’m also a seller myself. I’ve been selling since 2014, I’ve done everything that you could possibly do as a mistake and maybe as a good thing during all those years. So I’d be happy to lend my expertise or non expertise in any questions we’ve got coming in on that, also.-
– Your battle scars, your battle scars.
– Battle scars is a great way to put it. We all have them. That’s how we learn. And that’s how we’re able to do a presentation like this, but from our own battle scars. But anyway, I’m also the cohost of Two Amazon Sellers and a Microphone, the podcast, which we had you on Michelle. I’ll have to look up which episode that was, lots of fun. So everyone listening and you want just constant content about what’s happening in e-commerce and Amazon space, that’s a great resource we talked to experts everywhere. All right, Michelle, talk about yourself. Tell everyone.
– Talk about myself?
– Well, don’t mind if I do, if we haven’t met guys, nice to meet you. My name is Michelle Barnum Smith. I have been pioneering the use of Chatbots for Amazon sellers for ranking, launching, driving reviews since 2017, I’ve ranked tens of thousands of products in my time since then and trained, you know, thousands of you globally, you know, all over the world. This is a picture of me at Traffic & Conversion in 2019, I just finished my third time at Traffic & Conversion last week. So always an honor to hang out there with other brilliant, amazing marketers. And I’ve been all these places and spoken at all these things. So if you, sometimes people will be like, you look familiar, you sound, I think you sound familiar. I’m like, well, I do get around. So, here we are. So, Dustin, I don’t know if you can see this slide. We can read this slide. This is from 2020, and this is all about like how Amazon post record revenue and profit more than doubles from 2020. If you guys can read this like a little number in the box here, let me make it bigger for you, for the ones in the back. Let’s see what we’re dealing with here. So in 2020 Q4, Amazon drove over $125.6 billion in revenue. So, I mean, who wants a piece of this pie, right? Like that’s why we’re here. That’s what we’re talking about this. And in talking specifically the strategies to help you get, you know, get this, your piece of the pie and how we’re going to do that is we’re going to talk about the rules of ranking. We’re going to talk about identifying any kind of gaps in your keyword strategies that you can apply to the things I’m going to talk about, with things that Dustin’s going to talk about and then how to get positioned for success. So are we ready? Are we ready to like jump into this and like-
– Let’s roll. We want, and while, before we do jump in, I want to make sure everyone knows, if you’re listening right now, lots of this, you can go to the, put your questions in the Q and A spot. There’s a button right at the bottom on your Zoom where you can see the Q and A, throw them in there, when Michelle is talking I’ll throw in my questions if they come up, we’ll throw in yours, we’ve got some that you sent earlier. So make sure we do that. We want to make sure we hit on all the questions that you guys have.
– Great. Give me your questions guys. I’m excited.
– Let’s do it.
– All right. So let’s start with the rules of ranking, just so we’re all on the same page and we understand how this system works. So it was like some little meme that I made, but it’s really important to understand that like you’re constantly ranking on Amazon. This is not like a one-time shot that you have. This is not the one chance. And that leads us to a lot of common misconceptions about ranking, specifically that the only time that you have to influence rank is when you’re first launching the product. And that is not the case at all. That’s an important time period to take advantage of. But after that initial launch, or maybe you have a product that’s dead, that you’re trying to breathe some life back into or you have a product that’s way out, you know, in no man’s land and you want to get better visibility into, you still have opportunities with that listing. Also the misconception that PPC is the only way to rank. There’s a lot of money that can get spent and wasted on Amazon advertising. And Dustin’s going to talk about some PPCs strategies to help you optimize your campaigns and make sure you’re not wasting that money. We want every dollar working really hard, right?
– This one’s a big one. Oh, I’m positioned 30 for this keyword. That’s enough. Oh, we’re going to talk about this guys. We’re going to break these, we’re going to like shatter these misconceptions, we’re gonna talk about how you can really take advantage of this. Also like I’ve got, I can rank 12 for these two keywords. I’ll hit my sales targets, no problem. Nope. That’s not how we think of things. So let’s talk about the rules of ranking and Dustin jump in here with anything that you guys have seen as well. So ranking is really determined by a 90 day rolling sales history with Amazon. Amazon wants to know how relevant your ASIN is, your listings are for their keywords. And it’s important to know that the mobile, Amazon Mobile is basically the page one is less than 20 results and it used to be 20 results. And now it’s like, we’ve got sponsored ad spots. We’ve got editorial spots, you know, and so page one opportunities are shrinking and shrinking constantly on Mobile. Desktop page varies between 20 to 50, depending on the size of your screen. That’s what it comes down to. It’s also important to note that it is easier to rank, to move rank from pages two like, basically positioned 40 and beyond and move to the bottom of page one then it is to move from the bottom of page one to the top of page one, primarily because that is where the show is. That is where the game is played is page one. And I’m going to show some stats, share some stats with you really, really quick. So here’s this one, for example, 81% of clicks are on the first page of search results. Hey Dustin, I’ve got like a joke.
– I’m ready.
– Are you ready for a joke? I’m really bad at jokes, guys. I ruin jokes constantly, so let’s see if I can get this one right. What’s the best place to hide a dead body?
– I don’t know, where?
– Page two.
– It’s a great joke. And it’s super relevant. I mean, it really is. I mean, page two, especially on desktop is not even scrollable for a mobile person. There’s no way they’re gonna scroll 40, 50 things to get to you, no way.
– The only time people go to page two is when they’re in fashion categories, you know, all taste based, but even still like this number, I just want you guys to like let this sink in. So if 81% of clicks are on the page, you know, the first page of search results, that means nobody’s going past. And I want you to think about your own consumer behavior. What, like when you are searching on Amazon for something and we all do it, we all fall prey back into this, we’re usually only looking on page one. So let’s talk about kind of some key word analysis strategies that I like to use for campaigns to help you identify where you’re missing out. So the first is the strategy called low-hanging fruit and low hanging fruit is really where you are basically looking for keyword opportunities where you’re ranked off page one, right? So it’s like, where am I from position basically 21 and beyond? So what I want you guys to do, and you can take a picture of this when I’m done, but essentially it’s to conduct a reverse ASIN and look up for your own ASIN and you want to limit the search volume minimums to a thousand monthly searches and ranking position between 21 and 30, 300. So you’re looking for those opportunities where you’re off page one, that you’re missing out on, right? And you want to start by search volume, remove irrelevant keywords, and then identify keywords with good search volume you’re not ranking for. So you guys can take a screenshot here at this point. This is the low hanging fruit strategy. This is like the easiest one to deploy, because like I said earlier, it’s easier to go from page two to page one then it is from the bottom of page one to top of page one. We’ll talk about that in a minute.
– Yeah. I think another key thing to put in there is those are all opportunities where Amazon is already indexing you. And they’re, you know, it’s like your, there’s a lot of times when you do pick campaigns and stuff where you try to hammer a word and you’re not even getting impressions, cause they’re not even indexing. So that’s why this is low-hanging fruit. I mean, Amazon is already kind of ranking you for those keywords and with a little bit of a push for some of these strategies, you can push it over the edge. And I liked that you limited it to over a thousand search volume, just so you can laser focus on what you need.
– Right, exactly. And here’s an example of what I’m talking about here. So, we had a client who had like a body exfoliating brush. And so we did a reverse ASIN lookup on his product and look at what we came back with from an opportunity perspective. Now Loofah is not what his product is, but it does the same thing that his product does. And look where he’s organically ranked for this massive search term, right? Like massive opportunity that he’s missing out on that he could be taking advantage of, same with pretty much any of these keywords. You know they really wouldn’t take too much effort to move him into striking distance on page one. So this is an example of what we’re looking at, where we applied all of those conditions that I told you about and look, just within like a few minutes of work, we were able to identify some killer keywords that we need to be going after. And I think we actually targeted this keyword for his campaign Loofah for Women, because we could use a search find buy campaign because it’s within two mobile search result pages of our target keyword, it’s easier for people to find, sorry, than something that’s way off in position 300 or 70 or something like that. Oh my gosh, what is going on?
– I’ll tell you this. So anybody who’s looking at this, just so if anybody that doesn’t know, you’re using Helium 10 to do this analysis right here. So anybody-
– You can use any tool that does reverse ASIN look up, my preference is Helium 10, just because I’m familiar with it. And you know, that sort of thing. One of the other reasons we went for Loofah for Women is that it’s a long tail for this one. So you can see here, the amount of sales that you would have to match to rank for this keyword is quite significant. And, you know, with inventory being what it is these days, we want to protect our inventory. And so we’re looking for those long tail keywords, what something we call like a halo effect keyword where we’re, this is still like a really great search volume. Very interesting. And we can target using search find by campaigns. So this is an example of like the low hanging fruit strategy. Guaranteed if you guys have existing listings, you have opportunities that you’re missing out on that just getting to page one is going to make a massive difference. I talked to a seller last week who sells boxing gloves. And all of a sudden their PPC costs were off the charts. Their sales were dropped, like all these things, he’s like what has happened. And I was like, you dropped rank, you dropped to page two. That’s what’s, that is what happened. You fell off the cliff, you know, so now he’s climbing the cliff. And so I just did, I showed him how to do this. I was like, go do a reverse ASIN look up, look at how you’re ranking and then pick some campaigns to direct traffic to.
– I’ll touch on that just because it’s interesting. And I think a lot of people don’t fully understand this because you mentioned the 81% of clicks on page one, but also the closer to the top of the page you are, the higher your conversion rate on those clicks is, I mean-
– I was gonna talk about that next.
– Yeah. Oh, I saw you went ahead and stole it. All right. But that is, that’s-
– Great segue, that’s a perfect idea.
– Let’s do it.
– So let’s talk about this, 80% of Amazon customers buy via the mobile app, which means once again, in that space, that 20, that those 20 positions are like so crucial. And then we have this, that the first three items displayed in search results get 64% of the clicks. So if you’re in the top three, it’s really where you’re at. So that introduces the above the fold strategy. And what that means is like that refers to like old time newspapers, you know, like most people read page like the front of page one, not necessarily below the fold, the bottom page. So we want to be like position 10 and higher is what we’re talking about. So basically, same strategy. You’re going to do that reverse ASIN lookup. You’re eliminating your monthly search volume, but where you’re looking at ranking where you’re between position five and 20, where are you below the fold, you know, or below the opportunity line? And then we want to sort by search volume, remove irrelevant keywords and identify keywords with good search volume. So here’s an example of what I’m talking about. Look at body scrubber up here, this again, this is like a body exfoliator that we’re talking about and here they are position 16. You better believe that we’re going to be going after that. And here’s a really great, you know, from a halo effect key word, you know, this is another long tail keyword that they’re below the fold four that we could target this and get movement for both of those search terms, right, for that. And then exfoliating brush. This is literally what they are, dry brush, exfoliating brush. You need to like and dry brush body brush. These are literally what they are. They need to be in position one for these things. They need to be in the top three for what they literally are, right? So these are all opportunities that, you know, are easy to identify. And once again, here’s a couple of halo effect keywords that you can go after, you know, like this one, they’re pretty much the same amount of search volume. You’d go after either one of these and get movement with the other one from a campaign perspective. So let’s talk bonus strategy. We’re heading into the biggest gift giving time of the year. And there are times and seasons that your listing may not, gifts may not apply any other time of year, but this might be the chance. All right? This might be the time of year that you would go after gifting related search terms. So let’s take a, let’s just take a look at some of the search term volumes here. So Christmas gifts, check out like the rest of the year. No, nobody’s searching for these things, but starting in early November, mid-October, this just starts to ramp up. And last year hit almost a million searches within that two week time period. Here’s another one, gifts for men. Once again, you know, it’s, it probably like regularly goes along at a fairly good clip, but gosh, almost 6 million monthly searches in that two week time period. Want to take a guess at the number one search term on Amazon during the holiday season?
– Ooh, well, it’s not Christmas gifts for women?
– Yes. You win. Look at that search volume.
– Oh, sheesh, eight million of them.
– Yeah basically. So, as, just in the, I show you these so that you can understand what is going on in the mindset of consumers during this period of time. Now you might be thinking like, oh, I want to go for those keywords. Those are really sexy search points. But just like the Terminator says, you don’t want to do that, primarily because these search terms are literally a junk show, right? This is the aisle on Walmart that you walk down when you’re looking for inspiration on something to buy your mother-in-law, you know, it’s just everything and anything. People are, you know, basically people are shopping versus buying. They’re looking for inspiration. And so even if you have 10,000 units to, you know, invest in a ranking campaign, can you get ranked for those target keywords? Yes, of course. But it is, A, it’s a waste of inventory and money, B it is also like from a conversion, a organic conversion standpoint. Can you get your bath bombs on there? Yeah, sure. But like there’s no buyer intent. So the likelihood of you sticking that conversion is going to be really low and you try to use PPC is going to be really expensive, crazy expensive. Bye profits, bye. You know? Right? Well, I don’t want that for you. I hope you don’t want that for you. So this is what I’m telling you guys, the riches are in the niches. So look for gift terms. I want you to do gift related keyword research, Helium 10’s magnet tools are really great for this where you’re, you know, if you have a gift, if you have a barbecue product, you’re not going to target gifts for men, you’re gonna target it barbecue gifts for men or barbecue gifts for dad or barbecue gifts for father-in-law or brother or something like that. You know, another example of a niche search term is an age based search term. In this example, gifts for girls ages four to six, you know, like not all gifts for girls are created equal or appropriate for certain ages. And so it’s important. These are just examples. Now, when you’re doing that keyword research, just like, like remember all that criteria I gave you about, you know, monthly search volume and you got to sort do all these things? Well I want you to forget that for gifting keywords, because these keywords weigh low during the rest of the year. And then all of a sudden are just going to shoot up and spike during the holiday season. And so, so what I say is don’t judge a keyword by its search volume that’s gift related, you know, that has any kind of gift search terms or gifting terms embedded in there. So like I said, they can, you know, start below a thousand and then spike up for the holidays. Any thoughts on this Dustin?
– I think this is huge. I think a lot of, I mean, especially like when I started a long time ago selling, it was, you know, you’d throw things in like great gift for Christmas, for birthday, you put all of this in your listing, it’s just a hodgepodge of stuff. But this laser targeting is, there’s a lot of realness to this. I mean, there’s so many people who type the, I’m like that, you know, what do I type? What I’m looking for my, you know, my brother who might be like a fitness enthusiast or something, you’re going to type in like gifts for, you know, fitness enthusiasts. It’s what you would type in. And it’s much more targeted.
– Targeted gifts. Like fitness gifts and-
– Yeah, and the age range one is huge. I’ll give a quick sort of, my wife is a children’s author and illustrator. So she has books. Books is one of the most difficult things to run PPC for. I mean, it’s a really, really tricky, I mean, what are you going to all bid on a children’s fiction? How many competitors are there for that? But this, we’ve always found this age range is it’s like one of our highest performing keywords all the time. And there are always weird ranges. Like one of hers is like girls 9 to 13. It’s like, who, there’s that many people are typing in 9 dash 13? But it performs all the time. So I encourage everyone to put this in your strategy, it’s a great point. Good bonus tip.
– Yeah. And to your point, like when you are adding terms to your listing to index for, which is an important part of any ranking strategy so that you can get indexed is to not go for the general ones. Great Christmas gift, no great barbecue gift for men. Great gift for girls ages four to six, you know, like, just go for it. You go after those keywords because the big ones you don’t have, what is it like a snowball’s chance in hell? So like really you don’t, especially with the amount of competition that those gifts, those search terms have is just distant.
– And a small percentage of people are doing this. So, I mean, it puts you, when you do this, when you take the time to do that, you’re giving yourself a lot of opportunity that you wouldn’t have had.
– Way to be on this webinar today and learn these tricks that like nobody else is doing.
– Right, exactly.
– All right, okay. So let’s review, we know the rules of ranking. We found gaps in our keyword opportunities, right? So what do we do now? Now we want to get positioned for success for these keywords. How do we do it? What do we need to employ? So let’s talk results first and just show you that this can be done. This is for now, this is like, like a super baller keyword. This is the keyword cologne. Okay? This is a client that we ran a campaign for, the keyword itself had over a hundred thousand monthly searches. The campaign that we used required less than seven rebates per day, which is unheard of, insane. It was a 10 day campaign and they jumped from position basically 59 to 14. And they were on their way up, but organic sales took over and they were like, shut the campaign off. We want to preserved inventory and just make full price sales. We’re like, yeah, no problem. No problem. So, I mean, just to show you, if you’re in the right position for the right key word, just being on page one is enough, right? So, this is the power of these kind of strategies, right?
– And this is why multiple strategies is important because cologne would be an unbelievably expensive key word to run PPC on. And it’s so broad that your conversion is going to be a huge factor, gonna be a low conversion rate for sure. So these different strategies are huge.
– Yeah. So here’s another listing that was like, is an example of a dead listing. They had zero sales for over a year. And the search volume we were going after was a serum for face, had 12,000 monthly searches. We were doing less than three rate rebates per day. This campaign was super tight, ran a 12 day campaign and jumped from nowhere to position, we say position three, it did reach position one, you know, and sustained, you know, as you can see for quite a period of time, and this is a very competitive facial serum. Oh man, these are like, what I call like blood bath categories, you know? Or just like, oh, you want to rank vitamin C gummies? Okay.
– And have a super low A cost. Right? Like.
– Right, exactly. But these was, but I want to show these results are typical. You know, if you take a look at what we’re talking about here, this is very typical for these campaigns. So let me talk to you guys about how you can get these. Basically we’re combining keywords with external traffic, you know, external traffic is like all the buzz right now, plus Chatbots equal ranking success. Boom boom. Right?
– Love it. Do you hear that sound when you get ranked? That’s the noise that it makes?
– I wish it did.
– I know, seriously.
– I get so much more fun as opposed to oh, okay. All right. Yeah. Anyway, so let’s talk about how you guys can get these similar results for yourself. So why do we, what is all the buzz with external traffic right now? Basically external traffic, it provides powerful ranking juice as we call it in the know for your launching and ranking campaigns, it increases relevance for your keywords. It decreases your PPC costs, which we love. You’re more relevant for those servers, those search terms and it drives down costs. And it’s great for brand building, all good things, right? All good things. But it’s really important that that traffic be a laser focused because sometimes people get, really having just come from the largest marketing conference in the world, having just spoken at the largest marketing conference in the world, even I get attracted into like shiny object syndrome with marketing efforts and campaigns and all the cool things. I mean, marketing’s sexy. Marketing’s fun, you know, and, but it can be a huge distraction and a huge waste of money. And it’s really important to know that the actual traffic strategies that people might employ for like a e-commerce website, like Shopify website is not what works with Amazon. Amazon needs that traffic laser-focused through keywords. So how do you do this? What do you gotta do? You use Chatbots. So basically if you’re not familiar with Chatbots, Chatbots are basically in this instance, we’re talking about Facebook Messenger for business to customer communication or chat-based communication. It’s automated one-on-one communication. So you don’t have to hire like a team of VAs to be having a conversation between your business and your customer. They have insanely high conversion rates because 90% of customers prefer chat as the way that they interact with a business, not email, not phones, not Facebook ads, chat is how they prefer to communicate. And what’s cool about Chatbots is that you are able to actually build a list of subscribers for follow up on your existing campaigns, as well as for use for future campaigns. You know, like what’s interesting about Amazon is that people are searching for a pain point to be solved, whether it’s actual pain or just, you know, perceived pain and they’re searching, they’re picking your product out of a sea of similar solutions. They don’t know that if they’re buying your garlic press, that you have a whole range of other kitchen gadgets, right? Now, when you have a list and you acquire those customers from Amazon via product inserts and other things, and build that audience and say, hey we have, you know, you have more opportunities for upsell, cross sell, you know, resell in the case of consumables, right? You just have more power when you have your own list. And that’s one of the great aspects of Chatbot.
– And that’s an asset that never goes away. I mean, if anybody is thinking about like, oh, if I do this, doing giveaways and all that stuff costs money, I’m giving product away. Okay, yes. You’re getting the ranking, but you’re at the same time you’re building this asset that you can market to forever. You can product research to them. They can be your, I mean, ask them, what do they want for them? What are their problems? You can solve them. And there’s so many things I think it’s, you don’t want to gloss over how huge that aspect of it is this, this system you’re talking about where you’re using Chatbots is a win-win, you get the ranking, you could get reviews and you’re getting their subscriber list. So amazing.
– And in this world of app creators and I am connected to all the big ones, when they see that you have a list that will jump when you say jump that is an asset that they can purchase and use for, you know, if they’re operating or if they’re selling that, you know, as broker or something like that, these play massively into your evaluation. So just cherry on top, right there, right there.
– Love it.
– Okay. So how do we use Chatbots to actually drive external traffic? So we’re in, typically what we’re talking about is using Facebook ads to drive the traffic and then using a Chatbot platform in our case, Easybot, which is my Chatbot platform. It sits on top of mini chat and makes the setup of Chatbots easier. We’re combining inside of that Chatbot the actual keyword, giving that keyword to our customers, our subscribers that we bought from those Facebook ads to then go to Amazon to buy the product and that is where the product sale happens and the rank and the associated algorithm like, oh, this product is relevant for this keyword. That is where this goes down. So here’s an example of this. Here’s the Facebook ad over here. And here’s the Chatbot over here. This is the exact user experience that like people would go through, and this is a gift. So we got to let, like go through, but essentially we have our offer over here saying, hey, limited time offer. Get this, you know, tumeric for a hundred percent off, click here to get it now. When somebody clicks on the send message button, then they are sent this Chatbot essentially. And the Chatbot itself is fun. It’s interactive. We’re telling them to go copy this. This is an example of what’s called a search find buy campaign. They go here and they paste it into a Amazon Mobile, which is where they’re all shopping anyway. And then the subscriber is going to literally go and try to find, they’ve searched now they’re finding, and then they’ll buy your product and all of this happening inside of Messenger here in this example. Does that make sense? Do you guys have any questions about that?
– Yeah. This, I mean, I don’t know. It’s so powerful. If everyone can see this, how huge that would be. I mean, that’s a hard offer to ignore, a hundred percent off. If that’s what I’m looking for, I’m going to take that real quick and then you’re getting the keyword ranking from that search find buy, it’s huge. Also, and-
– And maybe search it, you know, it’s how customers shop. You know? I will say though, we have like a new cool feature in Easybot that actually performs better than Search Find Buy. It’s a Google URL. So Google is all the rage right now. And traffic coming from URLs are coming from Google. And, but like who has time to learn one more ad platform?
– Do you, do you, do you? No, of course not. So our URL basically masks all the traffic to make it appear like it’s coming from Google. And what’s interesting, and this is between you and I, Dustin, and you know, anybody who’s listening in, if you’ve made it this far in the training, congratulations, you have now unlocked the secret. The secret level that is not on any slides, because I will not like share this like, you know, openly. But my theory is is that Amazon doesn’t even really care about conversions from Google. They only care about traffic because what we’re seeing is that like keyword such as tumeric would require 50 sales per day to rank for that. And what we’re seeing instead, using the Google URL from Easybot is 10 sales per day. So half the rebates, twice the ranking. And it’s because I don’t think Amazon is expecting Google traffic to actually convert. So they are rewarding traffic, as opposed to sales conversions, you guys picking up what I’m putting down?
– Yeah, very interesting.
– Baller stuff that we’re-
– No, I mean, we’ve talked, we talked on the podcast, we had you on about the low-hanging fruit of just, I mean, even running Google ads, but, and that’s an interesting, I like that it’s sending the traffic as if it came from Google. That’s good data to understand the impact of that. That’s huge.
– Yeah, yeah.
– And this is new, like new tech that we’ve just like recently built out in the last month, month and a half into Easybot. So you don’t have to go and learn Google to figure out how to do this. So let’s talk about Chatbots because as powerful as Chatbots are, a lot of people like, just feel like they want to throw their computers away because they’re just like, ah, maybe you’ve tried them in the past. Maybe you’ve like, you know, watch the training that I did back in like 2019, you follow some YouTuber and you tried it and it’s just been like super painful. And the reality is, is that since I got started in 2017, things have changed, you know, like Queen Amidala here Like sometimes I look at Chatbots and I’m like, you’ve changed, it’s not, I don’t know you anymore. You know? And so basically, you know, what has changed is that Chatbot have become extremely complex when you’re talking about automations. Like, you know, when we’re talking about these rebates campaigns through Chatbots, we’re talking about automated order verification, automated rebates that require wallet systems. You can build those out yourself son, like you can not nor should you, like that is very complex. Add a layer on top of that, that like rules and tech change really frequently. Things, you know, hashtag Facebook, you know, and the rules with Amazon obviously change constantly. And really what it comes down to for most Amazon sellers become too hard and too time consuming to do on your own. You know, we have an agency side as well, and we have never been busier. So, you know, it’s always, there’s always this like complexity that has now started to exist and people ask me all the time, why can’t they just be easier and Conan, I agree. Why, why can they not? And that’s why I’m excited to like, you know, chat with you guys and share my platform, which is what we’ve spent the last year of blood, sweat, and tears building out, which just called Easybot and Easybot really is, you know, the easiest way to run these Chatbot campaigns, plug those keywords in, drive external traffic through and get that laser focused for your Amazon listing and get those results.
– Love it, yeah. There’s no reason anybody should be trying to set these up on their own. I mean, it’s ultra complex, like you talked about, so what would somebody need in order to get set up?
– Yeah so, I’m so glad you asked.
– Oh great, amazing.
– Amazing. So what you need is obviously an Easybot account. So Easybot is a self-service platform. You just show up, we have like a dollar trial for 14 days. You can rank, you can run an entire ranking campaign and a launch campaign in 14 days, guys. That’s how confident I am it’s going to work for you. You need an Amazon seller central account. So this does not work for like vendor ones situations, right? And ideally, your private label or have exclusive wholesale. I don’t want you running Chatbot campaigns when you’re in the arbitrage world, you’re duking it out for the buy box. You don’t want to burn through your inventory just to like rank a listing that you don’t own.
– Yeah, you’re helping everybody else out.
– Yeah, nice of you. You know what I mean? Right.
– You also need a ManyChat Pro account. And when you create an Easybot account, we give you a mini, a coupon code where you can sign up for ManyChat Pro for free and get that first month for free. So these are are all the things you need. We’re not going to go into the demo right now, just for the sake of time. I just really encourage you. Like on our website itself, we have a lot of demos you can walk through and see, but I just like, just start a trial and get started for yourself. It really is, you know, kind of just that easy, but once you’re actually doing this, I want to give you our formula for success. So this is another like, wait until the end, take a screenshot, because this is literally what we do when we’re running campaigns for our customers, for these things. So we’re going to identify four relevant keywords to rank for. So you’re going to run all of those keyword strategies that we talked about, talked about at the top of the presentation, you’re going to identify four to get started with. You’re going to add these keywords to your listing headline. Once again, you need to index for these keywords. And this also keeps you honest when you’re trying to maybe index for keywords that you are like, are not brand registered for, right? Like, don’t go after Nike. For example, you’re getting, you’ll have your listing suspended. Okay? Then you want to set up your rebate campaign using Easybot, you’ll drive external traffic via Facebook ads. We have a whole course and training inside of Easybot on how to run these ads. It’s going to be okay. We got you. And I recommend that you start at five sales per day per keyword and then increase every 48 hours until your rank starts to improve. So like I said, this is literally how we run campaigns for our own clients is we start low and then we rank it and then we ramp it up as needed. Like I said, it used to be that you would start at 25 sales per day, but using the Easybot ranking URL, by we’re seeing all these crazy results. So by all means, please, please make sure that you’re using the ranking URL. And then you’re going to run the campaign for 10 to 14 days to really, or until you like achieve that desired rank. Toby. My dog is like chasing something.
– He’s excited about Q5.
– Yes, he’s excited about Q5. So, I mean, if you’re, and what I mean by this is that like minimum 10 days. But if you are going out, if you’re in a blood bath category and you are going for apple cider vinegar gummies, you’re going to be running a ranking campaign for like 30 days. Okay. So just to manage expectations there. So take a picture of this, this is how we run these campaigns, the steps. This is how you do it. These are the steps for ranking and product launches. And it’s not different whether you’re doing a re-ranking campaigns or a new product launch. So this is how we do it. ♪ This is how we do it. ♪
– Love it.
– All right, so let’s talk PPC, eh?
– Oh yeah, let’s talk about it because it goes hand in hand. I think a really important part of all of this is you’re gonna do a combination of these things to get prepared for Q5, but you have to do it like starting to close to now.
– Because if, you don’t want to be doing that stuff during that time. It’s, you’re gonna miss, it’s gonna be more expensive.
– We’re gonna talk about that next.
– So we’ll talk about when to do these strategies.
– I love it. So let’s talk about-
– Next time, you’re given this presentation without me, because like, you’re just getting, you just know it all, dude.
– I don’t know about that. I just get excited about this stuff. It’s like, now I’m getting excited about this time of year, thinking about getting these strategies rolling, but PPC. Okay, the key here. I mean, it’s the main key when traffic rapidly increases on Amazon, so is everything else. You’re I mean, if you’ve got budgets that that were being, you weren’t hitting your budget, you’re gonna start hitting your budget on your campaigns. If there’s a keyword that’s not performing very well in your campaigns, it’s gonna perform not well at a higher level of spin during this time. And certainly if you’ve got things that are working really well. So the key is you’ve gotta figure all that stuff out ahead of time so that you’re going to focus on the things that, you know, converting are, will convert. So that’s what you’re focused on and preparation is you’re focused on figuring out where you’re going to convert the best. Were you gonna say something?
– And those keywords that we identify that we’re going to use in those Chatbot campaigns, you can absolutely target during, you know, from a PPC standpoint.
– For sure.
– Campaign as well. And that’s only going to, you know, if you’re running a campaign and some, and you’re like on page two with a sponsored ad, people clicking on that sponsored ad is just going to make that ad more relevant, which is going to decrease your, you know, your costs there because they’re like converting.
– Yep, exactly. And the same thing goes in terms of tracking your organic ranking for PPC, as it would for any sort of rebate campaign that you’re running, you want to make sure that you’re tracking it. I mean, if you’re right now, if you’re advertising aggressively, but it is not moving your rank, we may, we have, there’s some things you’ve got to either look at like, are you, are those keywords somewhere? Are you indexing for them? Are you getting a lot of impressions and no clicks? No impressions? You’ve got to see all of this and figure out what it is. And it may be something you just, that’s not what we’re going to go after. Maybe it’s too broad. So we’re going to also, now we want to improve the performance of the keywords that are performing the best. So let me read. So what you want to do is during Q5, you want to laser focus on the keywords and any of the targets that you’ve proven beforehand are going to have a high conversion. And you’re going to really want to laser focus at this point now. There’s no, you do not need to be throwing good money after bad. If you’ve been optimizing your campaigns up until Q5 starts and you now know the conversion rates of all these targets and keywords and ACIS that you’re targeting, you may want to way back off, pause things that don’t perform and really double down on the high conversion rates. Cause it’s pretty simple to gauge. If you’ve got a cure that converts it 20%, then you know, in your bids a dollar, that’s what we’re at right now. You know, it’s going to cost about $5 per sale. You can figure it out. Don’t, jump in Michelle. You know, you’ve got something to say.
– Oh no, I’m not great at math at all guys, but it sounds like you want to go after those keywords at the dollar as opposed to the $5, for sure.
– Exactly, yes. Okay. And now this is huge because, and you’ve touched on it and I think this is a, this is something that a lot of people will have a hard time pulling the trigger on cause it’s counterintuitive sometimes. But if you can get that number one ad spot, the conversion rate is off the charts. I can tell you from experience bidding higher or using a top of search multiplier, which inside the campaigns will increase your bid by a certain percentage to guarantee you that number one spot in your campaigns, you can bid higher. You can basically have a higher bid, higher cost per click at that number one spot and actually have a much lower cost than advertising somewhere else on the page at a lower bid because the conversion rate is so much higher. So I really, this is where during Q5, if you’re, don’t advertise, don’t bid and win the spot in the middle of page one or middle two, when you can be having that tough spot, especially your word converts high. That’s why we’re, I think you get the theme focus on high conversion and put yourself in the best spots. So those are the things you want to really definitely focus on in terms of your PPC while you’re running all of this at the same time as your rebates to get prepared.
– Yeah and it’s, what’s cool about this is that, you know, this is not an either or strategy. This is an and strategy you know, if you want to run PPC during your campaign or even turn it off, like as soon as your Chatbot campaign is over, you turn that PPC back on for those target keywords to lock in the ranking, like, like Dustin’s saying, getting that top search multiplier spot, you know, that’s only going to accelerate opportunity for you, which we want, right? And then obviously, your.
– Yes. I mean, a lot of this is a lot of work adjusting these bids and, you know, figuring out, you know, which keywords are performing the best and which aren’t, that’s where Sellozo can come in, we’ll fully optimize and automate this process for you, happens in real time. Your bids get adjusted every day, new keywords are discovered. And so we can set up easily inside Sellozo though. Hey, you know, we’re, this is a preparation for Q4, Q5, almost said Q4 that we’re trying to do so we will, we will be able to optimize that daily through the platform. That way, by the time we hit Q5, those campaigns are fully optimized. We can jack up the budgets on them and be rearing to go during that time. So yeah, you do this just like with Easybot or the Chatbots, you do not want to be doing this yourself manually when there’s solutions that people have worked years on to create, same thing goes with advertising. You don’t want to be doing it by hand, for sure. So definitely.
– Oh, here’s a little bonus training for you guys. Let’s talk about when to start Q4 rankings, we’ll keep this really quick. You know, it’s really important to catch the wave when it’s coming, as opposed to trying to catch up to the wave and getting, you know, just totally crushed by it, right? We want to be riding the wave, not being under the wave. So here’s just an example of like gifts for men, you know, the best time to get started with these types of campaigns, whether it’s PPC or Chatbots, or both is early to mid October, is when you want to get started. You don’t want to be, you know, chasing that you’re gonna, yeah, it’s not going to work. You know, same for here is that we want to be way off. This is like the gifts for women area. We want to be further down in this examples, look for those gifting niche search terms or your regular search terms and start those ranking campaigns mid-October, that’s really kind of like the best timeframe. So with that, we are finished. We have, sure we have questions that we want to be able to address and get to a as well.
– Yeah. We have a lot of questions that kept, people sent in even beforehand. Let me just see if we can touch on like one or two of these. I know we’re running really close on time. Hopefully we answered all of the questions for sure. Okay. Here’s one. How can we stay on top of the search results with the surge of internet shopping? Hmm. Well, I guess number one is you can employ a lot of these tactics we’re talking about right now, then you’re in front of all of these.
– I think we’ve answered that question. Yeah, I mean. Like, I don’t know what you mean by internet shopping and.
– Maybe they meant holiday shopping on that one.
– Yeah. So do what we have outlined here, my friends.
– Okay. Here’s an interesting one that is relevant to this. How often should you be revising your listing? Like we talked about just now, like, you know, changing a title for a ranking campaign. I mean, how often would you change that around? I mean, would you do another ranking campaign right afterwards for different keyword potentially and change it? Would you, would that affect your ranking?
– I think what’s important to note is that ranking campaigns and Chatbots put you in the position to acquire the sale from organic traffic, but your listing has to be optimized for that organic sell, right? Like I can put lipstick on a pig, but that pig still is not going to sell. You know what I mean? So if you are running a chat, if you’re running a positioning campaign and after that campaign is over your sales, your organic sales are not increasing. You know, to me, that’s a sign that your listing needs improvement. You know, whether that’s the images or the copy or you know or look at review strategies. And there’s some Chatbot review strategies as well, but like, you know, you gotta be able to hold your own eventually. So there’s that side of things is that like running these Chatbots are really an opportunity to see how your listing really can perform at the top. But then yeah, to your point, Dustin, like if you are wanting to target new keywords, you just need to make sure that they are in your listing somewhere so that you are getting ranked for them, ideally the headline. Right? So I wouldn’t necessarily like rip and replace keywords because that can definitely affect ranking, but I would add as many as you can that are relevant for your search for your keywords. Right?
– All right. Well, let’s talk about one more here real quick. How to invest advertising funds efficiently and with the best possible ROI. I’ll take a stab at this real quick. I liked that they use the word invest because advertising, if you think about it the right way on Amazon, you’re investing in organic rank, which is going to pay off later on. So I think if you’re talking about doing efficiently, you need to make sure you’re ahead of the wave on this. Like we talked about, if you, you want to be, do all this work so that you’re ranking organically, that’s your investment period before Q5 starts, that way the dividends get paid out when you’re ranked high. And now you’re going to have a huge multiple of organic sales that you would have had had you not been there. So the investment period officially is beforehand. If you’re investing during, your just throwing a lot of money into a crowded space. And if it’s, if you’re advertising at a loss, which a lot of times during that time, it would be, and you’ve got no organic rank, then all your sales are coming from advertising and it’s going to be at a loss. So that’s my best stab at that. Do you have anything you want to add to that, Michelle?
– No, you got it.
– Okay. To do it efficiently, get ahead of the wave. I love talking about stuff like this Michelle, it’s so fun, this is what we always get excited about is this time of year. I actually, I talked about fitness because I have, a lot of my products are in the fitness niche. And what’s interesting about that category is this wave continues past Q5, it’s like.
– Yeah you have tons of opportunities.
– And then January, it’s like, everybody’s, they get their new year’s resolutions kicking off. And so I like, if I can get this second wave going and keep it rolling, would be great. So this has been fun. I think there’s been really helpful for everyone. So let’s talk. Yeah. Tell them how, we got to get started. So it’s only, only a dollar. Just do it. Come on.
– Talk about investment. Right? So yeah. I mean if you are on the fence, if you’re thinking like, hey, I need to use these. I need to get started with these. Hey, we got you. Like, you can start a trial of Easybot for just a dollar, it’s 14 days to really get your feet wet and discover what Chatbots can help do for you in your business. So head over to Easybot.com to get started there. And how can they learn more about you guys?
– Yeah. Well, you can go to Sellozo.com. Some of you may already be existing clients that are listened to this or not, but we offer a 14 day free trial. So there’s no reason not to come on on that free trial. You’ll get on a call with me or Chris, my cohost of the podcast that we host together. We’ll take a look at your existing ad campaigns. We will consult on what we would think would be a good setup. If you’re doing this right now, now’s the time, it’s a free trial. I’ll help you set up the campaigns to get optimized. We can look at everything that you’ve been doing. And then our system takes care of it, it automates everything from keyword discovery, negative keyword creation, bid adjustments daily towards your goal, moving keywords from like a research campaign towards a more of a ranking type campaign. So we can set all that up, that way you’re in the best spot. If you do both of these things right now, if you can really tackle your optimization and really tackle external traffic, it’s huge. Do both of those now, you’re going to have the best placement by far for when Q5 cranks up and you’ll be a good position to dominate that, which is what we want. We want to dominate Q5.
– Domination, exactly. So, yeah. Thanks everybody for joining, also just real quick, I’ll throw this out there, Michelle and myself and a whole bunch of others are going to be down in Austin, Texas, October 15th for seller meetup. You can go to sellermeetup.com to take a look at that. There’s going to be a whole wide range of experts down there talking about even more strategies to get prepared for this. So we’d love to see you.
– You get to see us in person. You get to hang out with us in person. I think there’s a coupon code you guys can use. I think it’s like save10 to, to save 10% off your off of the registration fee there. So as well.
– Sellermeetup.com, save10 is your coupon code. We would love to see you in Austin or anywhere else in the future, wherever we are. So, all right, Michelle, thanks so much. That’s our tips for the day. We’ll send this to everybody also in a replay. So if you didn’t get to do all your screen captures during this, we’ll definitely send all this out to you in an email. So thanks everybody for joining us and we’ll see you on the next one. Thanks, Michelle.
– Thank you.