The Amazon Buyer Seller messages is a page that allows you to communicate with buyers in the Amazon marketplace through email or Seller Central. The emails you exchange with the buyers are encrypted so you won’t be able to see their actual email. The email address will look something like this, email@example.com.
The Amazon Buyer Seller messages should only be used to contact customers to complete an order or to respond to any customer service questions they have. It is NOT intended for marketing or promotional purposes. If Amazon finds out you have been using this as a way to promote or market new or existing products, you have a chance of your account being terminated or suspended.
There are many other things you cannot include in your messages:
- Links to any websites
- Links to Amazon detail pages or storefronts
- Seller logos if they contain or display a link to the seller’s website
- Any marketing messages or promotions
- Any promotions for additional products or referrals to third-party products or promotions
Benefits of Amazon Buyer Seller Messages
There are many benefits when using the Amazon Buyer Seller Messages. Not only does it keep a record of all conversations it keeps your information private as well. Sellers will not see your email and you will not see their email either. Everything is encrypted. Some other benefits that Amazon includes are:
- Increased security of buyer-seller communication.
- One place to view all your sent and received messages, whether from the service or from your email system (including Outlook, Hotmail, Gmail, Thunderbird, GMX, and so on).
- Improved buyer-seller communication to help reduce disputes and claims.
- A record of all buyer-seller correspondence, resulting in faster dispute resolution by Amazon.
Are The Buyer Seller Messages Already On?
If you are an FBM seller the buyer seller messages are already enabled by default. If you are an FBA seller you have to go into your account and turn it on. Remember that messages between the seller and customer should only be for product inquiries. If the customer changes the subject and starts to ask questions about shipping, returns or delivery dates, you should direct them to Amazon’s Customers Service.
If you end up receiving an inappropriate message from a customer, you can always report the message. To do so, you click on report message button → then select the appropriate reason for reporting → click report message to submit.