The Amazon A to Z guarantee is a promise made by Amazon that provides you the protection when you purchase items sold and fulfilled by third-party sellers. You may be wondering, Amazon has over 5 million sellers on Amazon how in the world does it offer this kind of guarantee when you have that many sellers on the platform? Well the answer is easy. This is where the seller performance measurements come in handy.
Seller Performance Measurements are what keep the sellers in check on Amazon. By being apart of the selling world on Amazon, you have to meet certain seller performance targets. If these targets aren’t met, you could get your account suspended or terminated. Below is a little refresher:
- Order defect rate: < 1%
- Pre-fulfillment cancel rate: < 2.5%
- Late shipment rate: < 4%
This is one of the ways Amazon keeps everything under control. Since they are so strict on getting products delivered on time, sellers try their hardest to meet these requirements to avoid being suspended. But not every seller is perfect, sometimes they run into problems with shipping services which cause the package to arrive late and that drives a customer to Amazon, complaining about the delivery.
Amazon A to Z allows you to request as refund if your package is later than expected or it never showed up at all. According to Amazon, the only way you may be eligible to request refunds under the Amazon A to Z guarantee if any of the following apply:
- You have not received your package and three days have passed since the maximum estimated delivery date or the tracking shows a delivery confirmation, whichever is sooner.
- You received an order that is different than expected and have requested a return with the seller.
- You returned your item with a trackable shipping method and the seller has not issued you a refund.
Before Amazon can initiate a refund, they may ask the customer to contact the seller and wait 48 hours for a response. Refunds are available up until 90 days after the maximum estimated delivery date. One thing to keep in mind are the items that are not available. These items include:
- Digital Items
- Payments for services
- Stored value instruments
Remember that Amazon A to Z is only for items that are sold and shipped from a third-party seller. If the item is shipped and sold by Amazon, then you need to contact Amazon Customer Service to speak about your order.
How to Request A Refund through Amazon A to Z
To request a refund:
- Go to your orders
- Locate your order on the list and click problem with order
- Select your problem from the list
- Select refund
- Enter your comments in the text box
- Select submit