5 Ways To Optimize Your Amazon FBA Listing
What is Amazon Listing Optimization?
Amazon Listing Optimization enhances a product page to improve the conversion rate, search results, and click-through rate known as CTR.
Optimizing a listing includes better harnessed Amazon images (including lifestyle and infographics,) restructured keyword selection, copywriting that evicts action and emotion, enhanced A+ content, and the development of a sound PPC strategy.
The last area of listing optimization is boosting the review count. Reviews are a lifeline to Amazon sellers and are an essential means to driving sales and directly impacting conversion rate.
We won’t touch on bolstering reviews as we believe this comes down to having a great offer and a fully optimized listing.
#1 Amazon Images
Amazon shoppers review the image carousel in detail before making a purchase decision.
With more sellers on the platform than ever before, slapping up random product photos and not paying attention to images highlighting features and benefits can severely impact conversion rates. The result can be an inferior product page and a lackluster shopping experience for customers.
Tips To Creating Great Amazon Images:
- Follow the style guides in Amazon – The style guides can be found by searching style guides in your seller central account in the search bar. Style guides detail requirements for images such as sizing, pixels, and backgrounds. Style guides are vital as Amazon sellers must stay within terms of service when creating Amazon listings and pictures.
- Infographics & Comparison Charts – Along with comparison charts, infographics help provide visual appeal by clearly defining to the audience what the product is, its main selling features, and how it can benefit a consumer.
- Before & After Images – These are paramount to show potential buyers what life could be like after their purchase. As an Amazon seller, you want to address how you can solve a customer’s pain point, and before and after images offer a great way to do that.
- Lifestyle Images – These images show the product in use and are relatable; they’re what make customers say to themselves; I could benefit from that product.
- Instructions – Instruction images can address common questions asked in the question area of a product page or help address common remarks made in the reviews.
When creating your Amazon images, be sure to understand your product, its main differentiating factor, and thoroughly review your competition to make sure you’ve addressed the most critical aspects of your photography needs.
Most Amazon graphic designers will require a brief to be filled out, and it’s strongly advised you take the time to complete these briefs in as much detail as possible. The more information you provide, the more likely you are to have a more favorable result.
Images are everything to your Amazon business, so make this a focal point of your optimization strategy.
#2 Enhancing Your Keyword Selection on Amazon
When a customer types words into the Amazon search bar, the words they type are vital to your product page. These words are called keywords, and without effective use of keywords throughout the backend and frontend listing, your product is unlikely to be found.
While every Amazon seller will have different methods to tackle keyword research, some of the essential metrics you’ll want to look for are:
- Search Volume – The number of searches for a specific keyword when typed into the Amazon search bar.
- Competing Number of Products – The number of similar products being sold.
- Organic Rank – What placement does a product have in the product pages following the sponsored ads?
To perform keyword research, Amazon sellers use various software that pulls keyword data out of ASINs and Amazon search pages. The top 20-25 most relevant keywords that fit specific criteria are essential keywords to an Amazon listing.
A listing optimizer will review the current keyword selection and PPC campaigns, analyze conversion rates, and perform keyword research to update or ensure the best possible keywords are being used in the listing.
When creating a listing, avoid keyword stuffing and remember that relevancy is everything. Keyword stuffing can potentially increase your click-through rate and decrease your conversion rate.
#3 Amazon Copywriting Optimization
Good sales copy is an effective means to optimize an Amazon listing because it can help gain a buyer’s attention and influence their buying decision.
Use compelling copy in the title, bullet points, and description.
Tips for Effective Copywriting in your Amazon Listing
- Use hooks in the first few words of your bullet points.
- Use powerful words that captivate and keep attention. (Ex: Boost, imagine, best, etc.)
- Make relative comparisons to competitors without naming brands. (Ex: Don’t waste time with cheaper imitations as they lack quality.)
- Use a clear CTA (Call to Action) & scarcity. (Ex: Buy your new phone charger today before stock runs out.)
- Ask a question in the description, and create an imaginative story where the customer can visualize their problem being solved after purchasing your product.
Amazon Title Optimization
Updating the title to show the most relevant and best keywords is essential to an Amazon listing, but one important note is that a flat-file may be required to make these updates. Sometimes title changes are not initially approved by Amazon, so having familiarity with flat files can be an asset to your title optimization strategy.
An Amazon Title Should:
- Be easily read
- Have the most valuable keywords in the title
- Accurately describe the product
- Not be keyword stuffed
- Be within 200 characters or less
- Have mobile view in mind (Ex: Keep pack numbers at the start of titles so that they are easily viewed on mobile)
A listing optimizer will use the best keywords possible for your Amazon title, but they will also use copywriting or power words that evict action in your buyer. Shorter, highly relevant titles that are easily understood and relay your product information are the way to go in terms of title optimization.
#4 High-Quality A Content & Storefronts
Brand registered Amazon sellers can leverage additional content on their product pages to maximize conversions but, more importantly, help build brand trust and authority. The A+ sections of product pages include areas for keywords in the backend and offer high-quality images and brand messaging in the frontend.
More than 63 million users shop through mobile on Amazon. When optimizing A+ content, keep mobile in mind as more shoppers than ever before are shopping from mobile sites. Optimize your A+ content for the mobile view by keeping copywriting more concise but engaging, and use compelling images to capture your audience’s attention.
#5 Developing A Proper PPC Strategy
Once you have optimized your Amazon images, keywords, copywriting & title, and A+ Content of your Amazon listing, the last and most valuable step is to develop a proper pay-per-click advertising strategy.
Sellers should be developing and optimizing PPC strategies at different phases of their business, just like listing optimization. Eventually, this means moving away from PPC management basics through the Amazon seller central campaign manager.
Taking advantage of Sellozo’s PPC automation tools is an impactful way to help you carve out a clear PPC game plan. Even after a listing has been properly optimized, those optimization points can lack direction without a clear PPC strategy.
Heres How Sellozo Can Help You Manage Your PPC Following Listing Optimization
If you’re not a Sellozo customer by now, you may not be aware of one of our most unique PPC automation features. With Sellozo’s Campaign Studio feature, you can plan, map, and optimize your next promotional strategy with visually-driven tools designed especially for you. You decide your PPC automation structure; there is nothing quite like this feature on the market of PPC tools.
Here’s what the Sellozo Campaign Studio Offers:
- Visually based campaign modeling tools.
- Custom and pre-made campaign templates.
- Algorithm- and machine learning-based search term/keyword research tools.
- Easy keyword management and cross-campaign implementation.
After making enhancements to images, using the best keywords and copywriting, leveraging enhanced A+ Content, and implementing a sound PPC strategy, then and only then is the Amazon listing fully optimized and ready to make lasting impressions while driving conversions.
Selling on Amazon requires ongoing optimization and strategy to prove the best results possible. It is not a set it and forget it means to make money, and listing optimization along with long-term PPC strategies should be reviewed throughout the trajectory of your sales on the platform.
What’s your Amazon listing optimization strategy? Let us know below!