Kris and Dustin discuss some of the marketing tactics they have used for their own businesses and give tips on things Amazon sellers can do now to improve their own Amazon business.
#1 Utilizing Glorifyapp.com to improve images for listings and doing A/B testing various elements of your listings
#2 Utilizing social media influencer marketing to increase the visibility of your product
#3 Expanding bullet points on your product descriptions or the more detail section
#4 Adding the Price percentage drop badge from Amazon
#5 Using the top of the search multiplier placement
See more of Dustin and Kris on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCImqJsK7Ru_hC2ZLnBC_f_Q
Hear more from the Two Amazon Sellers and a Microphone podcast here: https://anchor.fm/2amzsellersandamicrophone
– Hello, everyone, and welcome to Episode 36 of two Amazon Sellers in a Microphone. I’m Dustin Kane and with me as always, is Kris Gramlich. What’s up, Kris?
– Not much, not much just ready to talk about these little hacks we got here. I wouldn’t say hacks, I say more tactics really.
– Oh, yeah, oh yeah. Today’s topic is we’re gonna show you guys five advanced marketing tactics for Amazon sellers. So there’s so many different methods and strategies and different ways to generate sales and drive traffic to your Amazon listing. But these that we’re gonna talk about right now are just five ones that we’ve been using recently or have learned from others that have been using these recently. So there’s a lot of really good information in these, and every day we learn something new about new tactics. So these are always fun to dig into.
– Yeah, it’s just good little things to test out, a lot of cool tools that I’ve been using. So some of these you can do right now. Like you could literally go do this to your Amazon account and listings, and you can see how beneficial they are.
– Mm hmm. Yeah, one thing that I always try to do in my business is if I can just do take one actionable item today that can help out in some way, drive more money, do something that will just move the needle, it’s worth taking action on. So these are five good ones. These are five that I feel like you can put into play today or this weekend quickly. So let’s dive into these. This first one, Kris, this is something that you have shown me that I feel like I’m really gonna be diving into this more because we just did this before we came on the podcast, and I was blown away by this service. But the first one is using Glorify, it’s Glorifyapp.com for better photos, infographics, et cetera. This thing is amazing.
– Yeah, this is I used to use Canva in the past, but this is a new tool that I’m using, it’s called Glorifyapp.com. It was built specifically for eCommerce. Like they have templates in here already for Amazon sellers, they have all the dimensions figured out already, they have Instagram dimensions figured out. You can remove the background of your images with just a couple of clicks that’s included, it’s getting a lot better. So I’ve used this tool on my own listings, and now when I like to create a new image, I go check over in Glorify, and I can just log into my account, I can do some call outs for a product. And we’re kind of showing it here on the screen for those of you listening, but I definitely recommend it. It’s better than Canva in my personal opinion. It allows you to do photo editing, you can save by not having to hire somebody to do editing for you, you can just go do it really quick inside this app. It’s a couple of hundred bucks a year, so it pays for itself pretty quickly. And they’re always coming out with new updates. There’s always an update, the owner of this company is always like sending emails out of a new release. So it’s only gonna get better. One of the tools I always have and this is one of them, this is Glorifyapp.com. Go use it, there’s a 14-day trial. We’re not affiliated with it at all, it’s just an app that we love. And I think that you’ll see the benefit of it. So I know Dustin’s excited to check it out too.
– I am, so when we were looking at this just before the show, I couldn’t believe it. I’ve spent a couple $100 on an image in the past.
– I mean, the amount of money I’ve spent and just time trying to learn Photoshop and learn other things when I didn’t want to spend the money on images, and then seeing this was unbelievable. I mean, it was like in 30 seconds, you had a product of a white background, or a lifestyle photo with your product in it. And all these templates already set up. I mean, it was really impressive, it’s really well laid out. Not to mention, not just for your Amazon listings. I mean, we’ve been able to create like YouTube banners or whatever intros for our videos. You can do you know Facebook banners, all kinds of things, social media posts, they’re all pre-templated. We were looking at Black Friday and Thanksgiving templates just a second ago, though, you could just make ultra quick. And this is something we’ve talked about before is a nice tactic, is to change your listing based on seasonality. If you can make your listings look like Thanksgiving or Christmas right now, that can change, just be a big differentiator between you and your competition. Well, I’ve never done that before because it’s a giant pain in the butt.
– This is fun.
– I was like I cannot believe how easy that is to use.
– It’s so simple and they got like templates already built out. So for example, there’s one in there for a dog collar. If you sell a dog collar, they’ve already got a built out of there that all you need to do is just remove the collar they have in the photo and just add your collar to it. The dog’s already in there wearing it, you can remove that too, but it’s already given to you. So you just got to replace some stuff. Or if you happen to sell the exact same collar that’s in the photo, just download that.
– Yeah, that’s amazing.
– It’s a good tool, it’s a tool always have.
– Sure, and now, another thing that you can do, this is not with Glorify App, but you can talk about Pickfu is the ability to like split test your listings, split test titles and images, et cetera. What’s your thoughts on Pickfu?
– Yeah, so you could like this kind of piggybacks off Glorify, you can make your image over there, and then go use a service like Pickfu who they’re gonna have like AB test it. So you can show them your main image or your current image that you have now, and then upload the one you just kind of edited and made a little bit better on Glorify, and actually see results on which one is gonna perform the best. So Pickfu is a service that is vetted, it’s U.S.A customers. So you’re gonna be able to like do quick testing, and it’s super affordable. I think it’s like 20 bucks to get a test run. But it’s not only for your images, that can also test like titles, bullet points. So Pickfu is like it’s a good split testing tool to get you fast results. It’s something that you could check out as well. But I would definitely do that to make sure that your main image is gonna be something that’s gonna attract customers and clicks to obviously get you better conversions.
– Yeah, that’s fantastic, yeah. And so those are two that you can use in conjunction, but that’s certainly actionable. I mean, you can go today, get sign up for that Glorifyapp.com and start making unbelievable images and test them out.
– One thing I want talk about is like in Glorify, they have comparison charts already made out. So like you can make a comparison chart of your product, and then they’ll put a ghost image of another product in there. Well, it won’t show their competitor’s product, but it’ll be similar. And you can just put call outs on why your product is different than the competitor. So comparison charts are good, and Glorify has that in there. And then obviously, split testing your images using Glorify is another one. So definitely a tool to check out, Glorify app.
– Yep, that is a greatly advanced marketing tactic right there. So definitely go out there and do that now to update your images. Alright, number two on the Advanced marketing tactics. This is one that I’ve used with a lot of success in the past. This is using social media influencers to help generate sales on your products. So this can happen whether you’re in the launch phase or just in general anytime that you want to increase your sales or drive more traffic. Instagram influencers and there’s influencers on YouTube, Facebook, there’s influencers everywhere, they use every channel, but I’ve spent a lot of time with Instagram influencers where they will use your product, and then they’ll drive all their followers to buying your products. So there’s lots of ways you can do that. A lot of these influencers might be Amazon affiliates, as well, so they can make money off the sale. But for me, there’s all levels of influencers out there. There’s very, very, very popular ones. I wouldn’t recommend reaching out to Kim Kardashian unless you’ve got $100,000 to spend ’cause it’s gonna be very expensive to use her but there’s a lot of influencers out there that have between 1,000 and 10,000 followers. That was always my target because typically they would do it for free. Typically they’re growing their influencer platform. And so you can just search on Instagram for your niche and find these people. If you’re in the fitness niche, there’s a million people that are doing workout videos. If you’re in the health food niche, there’s all kinds of influences and helpers. There’s influencers for everything, every sport, every category, everything. Reach out to them, you can just go, I go Instagram or I have my virtual assistants do this as well for me. They’ll go on Instagram, reach out, message these influencers tell them we’ll give them the product for free. And then there’s speaking of that, you can do a win-win there as well where you could send money to the influencer and have them actually buy it on Amazon. So that way you get a full-price sale on Amazon. You could even have them got search by a specific keyword if you wanna combine multiple tactics to that. But then that influencer, they will do a post, a video, something of your product and once their followers see it. I’ve seen days where I’ll have an Instagram influencer post something, and my sales will triple for that day, and then double the next day et cetera. It’s a short lifespan typically on those, but it’s a win-win. And if you target the right level of influencer where they have an audience, but they’re more up and coming, you can do this all for free, or just the cost of sending them a free product. It’s a definite strategy you wanna do.
– Yeah, and when you do that, don’t go after the big fish. You don’t wanna reach out to people who have millions of followers ’cause they’re gonna want some type of fee. Like stick around the ones that have like a small following a couple thousand here and there, ’cause they’re willing to do it at a much cheaper price. So you’ll probably get a little bit more bang for your buck. And then when they buy the product, you mentioned this earlier, like, give them the link that is like a search, find and buy link. So when you go to Amazon, you type in your main keyword that you wanna target, go click on the product and give them that link. That way when they drive traffic to your page, that main keyword in the URL, you’re gonna get some ranking juice out of that. So you definitely wanna like use this to your advantage, especially when you reach out to Instagram influencers. You wanna touch on a little bit about YouTube, have you had anything going on there?
– Yeah, well, most of the influencers are multi-channel. So that find them on Instagram, they’re gonna have a YouTube channel, they’re gonna have et cetera, et cetera. And I think the different platforms will be just more catered towards whatever your product is. You know, if you’re doing something that’s maybe like food or it’s cooking type stuff, then Pinterest is really good because there’s a lot of people that they share recipes et cetera, et cetera or the ingredients and dishes. So that can be a really good option, Pinterest. YouTube is great for anything that needs a tutorial or instruction. So like fitness, whether people are doing workout routines with potentially your workout equipment that you’re selling is amazing. Obviously, anything that’s fashion, something like that is great on Instagram, beauty, all that stuff. But when you find an influencer, they’re typically and a lot of the ones that are paid, they’ll charge you per platform they’re putting this content on. If you find those middle ground ones like we’re talking about, that is potentially free or really cheap, you’re gonna get a lot. And I feel like it’s better to find 10, 15 of those mid-range influencers than it is to spend money on one big dog.
– Yeah, they’re big for a reason.
– Yeah, that’s a great, great strategy just across the board. Use influencers, and especially use the ones that are looking for products to promote because they’re new. So that’s great. All right, let’s move on to advanced marketing strategy number three. This is something that I think probably a lot of people aren’t aware of, but you can add more bullet points. Amazon’s opening up more than the five standard bullet points in some categories. So you wanna touch on that, Kris?
– Yeah, and this is something relatively recently, this is something I’ve seen in some groups and stuff where there’s now some categories have 10, the option of adding 10 bullet points to your product pages. So go check that out, you’ll be able to add more. Obviously, you wanna make sure that your main keywords and the phrases you’re going after are in the top three or four bullet points, and your main features are in the top three or four. But this is just more places where you can put more features about your products, you know, more bullet points are available. And if they’re not available, you can use the more detail section. So when you go to your listing, and you click Edit, there’s a section that says More Details. Some of those fields will actually allow you to put custom terms in. And you can use those and they actually show up above the bullets on the listing. So when you go to a listing, you know something like country of origin, you can probably fill that in and put a bullet point there and that’ll show up and act like a bullet point. So go to the More Details page and just test this out cause you’re gonna wanna fill in some of those like features and then save it, wait 30 minutes or so and go back and see if it’s updated on your image or on your listing. So if you don’t have the 10 available, use the more details. If you do have a 10 available, add more bullet points to the listing.
– Yeah, and this goes back to just what we talked about all the time. You should use every available thing that Amazon offers. If there’s a field for it, you should fill it out. If they offer it, you should do it just because it keeps you on the cutting edge. I’m working on a new listing right now, and there’s fields that I’ve never seen before. And, I mean, it’s been like two weeks since I’ve been doing it. It’s just like every day, they add new things. And you never know how they’re gonna organize it on the listing page or how it’s gonna be displayed, but it can be fantastic. And the extra bullet points, I mean, all you have to do is go in edit your listing, and see if you can add more bullet points. That’s all you got to do. Check to see if they allow more fields. And this is a perfect opportunity to do things that maybe you ran out of room for it, but now you can add things like, this is a great Christmas gift, or there’s a Black Friday deal going on. You can put keywords in there now because during different times of the year, people search differently. Like right now, you know there’s parents and grandparents typing in things like, “Good gift for 10-year-old girl, 10-year-old granddaughter.” Well, if you’ve got five more new bullet points, you might wanna put stuff like that in there. Like I always put great Christmas gift, great Father’s Day present, great birthday present. You know, so heat goes in there, now you’ve got more space.
– And it’s about to get wild with the holiday coming up. So now’s the time to do it.
– Oh, yeah. It’s gonna be the biggest holiday shopping season ever online. So yeah, you wanna be in front of those search terms. So that is a great tactic as well, take advantage of all the options. All right, here’s another relatively new one. This is advanced tactic number four. This is where, and I’ll let you talk about this one, Kris. Again, if you change your price down slightly right now, you’re gonna get a new badge. It’s this great little red badge that shows the price percentage drop. And that is, we always talk about it. If you can find a way to get a badge on your listing, that’s gonna help conversions tremendously.
– Yeah, this sticks out. It’s not like it’s a green, like the green save 10% badge, it’s a newer badge that is shown where you can actually see the little red 50% off. And for those who listen, I’m showing some screens here on the podcast here. But I like this guy. He lowered his price from 11.79 to $10. And so now he’s got this little red badge that says 15% off on the listing. So it just kind of grabs your attention. You know, along with the green badge, but I’m not seeing, here’s one, this guy’s got. This one here is 39.99. And it says limited-time deal is 25 bucks, 37% off.
– That guy’s got three, that guy’s got three badges on his listing.
– I think he’s probably running a lightning deal in conjunction to it. But I mean, he’s got a lot of stuff going on here. So it really grabs the attention, same with this one, like this is 19% off. Some of these just don’t have any of that. So this is a way to stick out on the Amazon. Like when people are going through looking for a product, if you can get that red badge along with like the coupon offer you’re selling or giving away, you’re gonna get that conversion, you’re gonna get that sale. So it’s something that you definitely wanna test out, use, played around with it. But if you do this every 30 days, you’re gonna get that little red, little percentage off. You know, go 50 cents lower, $1 lower, and then raise it back up and then go back $1 again. So just constantly play around with your price. And to that point, not only will you get that little red, little red badge on the listing, another little thing you’re gonna get, this kind of little bonus here is Amazon’s gonna send an email to anybody who has your item in their cart letting them know that you lower the price. So, people who put your product in their cart, it’s just sitting there, and then you lower your price, that customer is gonna get an email saying hey, so and so lowered their price, but you’re also gonna get it on your listing. So these little things like that, like you can boost your sales pretty quickly just by doing little tweaks.
– Yeah, we’ve been really studying this red badge a lot recently. We obviously don’t know all of the details of the algorithm of how it works, and you obviously have to be careful as well like when you raise your price back up, you got to make sure you don’t do it too quickly because they’ll take the buy box away from you. But if you do that if you take a 10% lowering of your price, and then maybe you’ll get that red badge and then maybe you walk it back up a little bit towards your regular price, and then put a coupon on there. So that way, you have the green badge, and then take the coupon off, walk that back, drop your price again lower, you can maybe stay where you keep those badges on your listing. I mean, if you are watching live on this, when you see those badges, they just pop, you don’t even look at the other listings. Just look at that one.
– Grab your attention for sure.
– What is that? So yeah, that’s a great tactic. And it’s also a great tactic to do you wanna do something like that right before there’s gonna be a big sales rush. For example, the day before Black Friday or Cyber Monday is a good time to drop your price a little bit.
– Yeah, and people who listened probably about what a month ago, we talked about doing this already. Like raise your price up, and then now’s the time to lower that price back down, and you’ll get that red badge on the listing.
– What we also don’t know is how long that badge stays there.
– I know.
– We’re trying to do some anecdotal testing just by watching, it’s not very scientific. But we wanna know how long that badge does stick around because that can just be part of the strategy. So we’ll touch back on that, we’re testing that out with their own products right now. We’ll report back how long we keep that badge. Alright, let’s move on to advanced tactic number five for the day that we can implement right away. This is in advertising. So in the pay per click advertising, there’s some features that may be not everybody knows about. But there is a feature called the Top of Search Multiplier that you can put on. And this is where you can put a percentage like if you’re willing to raise your bid up to 100%, if Amazon can get that to the top of the search, then Amazon will do that. It’ll put you at the top of the search. So this is an effective way to not have to keep playing around with your bids all the time to try to figure out how to stay up there. Amazon’s basically gonna automatically keep putting you up there based on that percentage that you said. And so if you’re trying to really drive traffic to a keyword, or if you’re trying to boost traffic or boost your ranking across the board, this is a great strategy, it’s not a great long term strategy, you don’t wanna be paying a fortune forever, but you certainly can use this to gain rank.
– Yeah, it is something he just put a single keyword in the campaign, at this multiplier, it’s top of search placement, and you can do it up to 900%. If 100 is too low, you can always go 900. But just be careful, ’cause that means that this is gonna get really hot really quick, but you’ll guarantee they still get that top of the search for that main keyword. Do this for a couple of weeks, you’re gonna spend some money on ads, you’re gonna need to have a hefty budget. I mean, it doesn’t need to be crazy, but it’s gonna need to be more than $20. So you’re gonna wanna have a good budget there because what you’re gonna do is you’re gonna increase your rankings slowly, try to get organic sales, and just show Amazon that you’re willing to pay for that keyword. And then you’ll obviously wanna track your keyword to see where you’re ranking. Once you achieve page one top of the search, spot one ranking, you could dial back a little bit, but it is something that will help you rank pretty quickly for your keyword. So check that out. It’s top of search placement, it’s in your Campaign settings, you can add a multiplier there, and then Amazon will take that and multiply it by your current bid to get you to that top of the search.
– Also, if you are using Sellozo currently, it’s very easy to add that top of search percentage through our user interface. So you can quickly put it on there and take it off easily inside of Sellozo. Well, those are our five super advanced marketing tactics for the day. But just think about it. If you today implemented, if you went to Glorifyapp.com, you quickly made some better images, you reached out to a couple of influencers, you got them some free product that they’re gonna show around, you added some more bullet points, and now you’re indexing immediately for more keywords, all your ad performance is probably gonna go up if you’re running auto campaigns cause of that. You drop your price just a tiny bit, and you get that red badge and then you add a top of search multiplier, what could that do? I mean, you could do all but one of those in the next hour, next two hours. And then you could reach out to an influencer and you could have that happening within a couple of days, and it wouldn’t take you that much time. But that’s what makes this fun because of these little things. I mean, there’s a lot of people selling on Amazon right now, but how many of We’re doing stuff like that?
– And what’s crazy is like when we made this list, it wasn’t like we put it in that particular order. It just flowed, it just went with that order. Like all these things, there’s nothing that goes against each other. They all are something you can do now. So yeah, get better photos, get the influencers going, add more bullets, change your price, and then put some PPC on it. Like that all the things you wanna do anyway.
– Yeah, that’s why we love doing this. And real quick, I wanna give a shout out. We have Yusuf who’s watching us on YouTube. He sent us a nice note about it, I guess he’s the only one watching us on YouTube right now. But he sent us a nice note that he’s enjoying the knowledge and insight that we’re putting out here. And thanks, Yusuf, that’s why we’re doing this. And we wanna make a community of people where we can share these tactics. And it’s good for Kris and I. Just doing this podcast, I’m gonna actually going to, it’s re-motivated me to do some of these things that I wasn’t doing. Even though I talk about it all the time, these things can slip through the cracks for us too real easily. So this is fun to be a part of that. And so thanks, Yusuf for that great note. For everyone else, if you’re watching this, and you feel the same way that this is helpful, please go to our we go to the Sellozo page on Facebook and like it, you’ll get notifications of our live videos. You can go to the Sellozo YouTube channel, it’s S-E-L-L-O-Z-O. You can subscribe to that, you’ll see our videos that go live there. You can follow Kris or I on LinkedIn. We post a lot of stuff on LinkedIn as well. And you can subscribe to our podcast on whatever podcast listening you do. So we would love for you guys to do that as well. Thanks again for the shout out again. Yusuf, he’s sending us more notes, which is great. Thanks, man. Yusuf, subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t done it yet. So that would be great. But anyway, that’s why we’re here. This has been a fun one, Kris.
– Yeah, we’ll do another one, we’ll do another one next week.
– We’ll be back at this Monday. All right everyone, have a great day.